Author Topic: Comries of Kilsyth  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Julze

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Comries of Kilsyth
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 July 17 02:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,
Yes that sounds about right, my Uncle Doug did go over to England and he caught up with some extended family.  He has researched the family tree.  Glad that you have access to it all.  I am a beginner with researching the family tree.  I know a little about the history through talking to my grandparents when they were alive.  That is all I know.  I think I may start to look into it a little more in-depth.
Sorry to hear about your brother. 
Take care
Julie

Offline jubed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 July 17 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie That's great news,I thought Doug was probably your uncle. I did have contact with him through Rootschat a few years ago Do please give him my regards Tell him I'm Stephen's (from Herefordshire)sister from Carlisle Cumbria. It was really funny when Ste showed me some photos of Doug, we couldn't get over how much he looked like our cousin Geoff who is our dad's sister's son ! Also we think he's like our grandad was although, unfortunately, we only have one photo of him.So that makes us cousins twice removed I think Don't know how much information you have ( or want) but I could possibly dig a lot out if you're interested Best wishes Julie xx
Sussex-Bedwell.Perthshire, Stirlingshire-Comrie.East Yorkshire-Berry,Bostock.Cumberland,Durham-Smith,Douglas.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 July 17 18:55 BST (UK) »
Peter Comrie mentioned at the beginning of this thread appears to have been buried in Kilsyth Churchyard or at least has a gravestone there.

See (Kilsyth Churchyard): http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/35.pdf

There are quite a few Comries there and also in Kilsyth Cemetery, see: http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/34.pdf

Anne  :)

Offline jubed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 14 July 17 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne Many thanks for the link.The Jean (Stirling) Comrie mentioned is definitely my gggrandmother The date is correct for Peter Comrie, the only problem is his age is down as 80 when he was just 50 when he died. Probably just an error Thankyou very much once again for your help Julie
Sussex-Bedwell.Perthshire, Stirlingshire-Comrie.East Yorkshire-Berry,Bostock.Cumberland,Durham-Smith,Douglas.