Author Topic: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton  (Read 58213 times)

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pinxton and South Normanton
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 30 September 12 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,  Alice was baptised 19 April, 1807, father Thomas, mother Sarah. No birth date or other details.  Regards  Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 30 September 12 18:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,  No trace of thomas Ball in the records.  Any ideas why not. Do you have any further details.  Regards Trevor.  Ps  I will be off line for 2 hours  visiting mother in hospital  Regards Trevor   
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 30 September 12 18:48 BST (UK) »
Trevor,  Sarah isn't mine as far as I know.  The first Sarah born circa 1804 was illigitimate so if a father is listed for that I'd be surprised.  Alice is great and I have no clues as to why they are not in the records.  Another researcher as them in her tree and I wanted to check before adding them even to my preliminary tree.  I am still trying to prove what other researchers have said is correct.  Somewhere between 1810 and 1813 Thomas the father died (if the others have it correct) and Sarah BALL nee HILL goes on to marry James MARRIOTT and become my 5 x great grandmother.
Unfortunately there is conflicting information in that the PR's on the wedding of Sarah and James lists her as a widow however the BT's list her as single. I have the second marriage details.

If you get a few minutes spare and could see if a burial between 1810 and 1813 exists for a Thomas BALL I would be eternally greatful but please don't put yourself out.  I hope your mum is doing ok and getting better

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 30 September 12 20:58 BST (UK) »
hi Rob,  Back from the hospital, and yes, thanks mum is making good progress.  If I can first deal with the death of Thomas BALL. I have found a burial for a Thomas BALL on 22 January, 1810 aged  32years.  There is no death date and the vicar is the same one who married him. It also says he was from Sommercoates which is next to Pinxton.  I will look at the other details you supplied.  I will send you a PM with my e-mail if you don't mind doing it that way.  Regards Trevor

Offline searchlight

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 08 October 12 14:54 BST (UK) »
I have family members in both Pinxton and South Normanton , the Names CUTT

the names CUTTS and BAMFORD.I have been having trouble getting on this site I have not had an activation e mail unless this is it that has suddenly appeared,
my name to use is PERC .

I don't know if this is enough but don't hold out much hope but thank you if you get this and I get a reply

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 08 October 12 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Searchlight

Sorry to hi jack Trevors thread, but I am also researching Bamford's of Pinxton / South Normanton.  Some of them married into the Cutt family.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 08 October 12 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Perc,  Leave them details with me and I will have a look in the book and get back to you .. regards trevor

Offline searchlight

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 08 October 12 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor I must be getting old , it seems the reason I couldn`t get on  is that i`m already on and such a lot has happened this last year that I had forgotten.

Thank you for offering to sort it for m but I have found my old details

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Friday 02 November 12 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If you still have the time and the inclination please could you look up the following family mentions from Pinxton and South Normanton

Pinxton 19th century
Bonsall
Clarke
Charlesworth
Pinxton 18th century
Hind

South Normanton (19th century)
Allock
Gent
Kitchen
Ward

Many thanks
Valerie
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne