Author Topic: Stringer family  (Read 21882 times)

Offline Monivea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stringer family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 August 11 23:08 BST (UK) »
Oh thats great! I was came across john stringer alright. He is recorded on the 1901 and 1911 irish census along with his wife and children. I am a connected to johns sister martha who would have been my great great grandmother. She married sat delaney and lived in clare. I found out george lived in dublin with two daughters, caroline married bryan day and died in child birth. Still trying to find out where the other siblings ended up!

Offline thebestmummyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 August 11 19:14 BST (UK) »
Did you know that Martha, Oliver, John Lettuica and James are buried at Kilfinaghty Church of ireland, Grave no. 7, Sixmilebridge?  Thomas and Edward Stringer went to England (both have since died).  I have a copy of Robert Henry's birth certificate that shows John Stringer and Letitia Walker/Stringer.  Have you any pictures as his dad died when he was 40 and he was only 4, so that side of family remained a mystery until a year ago as his mum also died without revealing much about the family.   

Regards
Jackie

Offline tomma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 October 11 01:51 BST (UK) »

Pat Delaney & Martha Stringer are my Great grandparents. They were in Co. Clare circa 1898-1912, moved to Co. Galway then. 
I had found the "Kilfinaghty Church of ireland" graveyard link just before I found this forum link.  As regards Co. Clare COI records for the Stringers, I believe these are kept centrally at Clare Co. Library.  Will follow this up.
Will keep a look in at this as I got much previously unknown info on the Stringers pre 1900 from this post.

Offline tomma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 October 11 01:16 BST (UK) »
Did you know that Martha, Oliver, John Lettuica and James are buried at Kilfinaghty Church of ireland, Grave no. 7, Sixmilebridge?  Thomas and Edward Stringer went to England (both have since died).  I have a copy of Robert Henry's birth certificate that shows John Stringer and Letitia Walker/Stringer.  Have you any pictures as his dad died when he was 40 and he was only 4, so that side of family remained a mystery until a year ago as his mum also died without revealing much about the family.   

Regards
Jackie

I have located a couple of pictures of Pat Delaney and Martha Stringer.  Am I correct that John (married to Letitia) was a brother of this Martha (b. 1870)?   
Going on whats been posted so far, I believe "monivea's" Grandparent is a first cousin of my Mother!    Obviously all  linked to "thebestmummyo" as well.

Very interested to build this further.  Will PM if others willing.

Offline thebestmummyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 October 11 19:38 BST (UK) »
That would be great.  Did you see the Limerick Chronicle of 1903 announcing the death of Martha Stringer (wife of Oliver Stringer) on the internet.  Have quite a few documents of the Stringer family marriage and consensus records. There appeared to be 2 children of John stringer named Edward. 

Do you think if someone went in the church they might be able to tell us there are any living relatives still alive.

Regards
Jackie

Offline tomma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 October 11 21:54 BST (UK) »
Had spotted the death notice. Trying to find out why she was at this address at this time?    I hope to call to the cemetery in Sixmilebridge to look for whatever details are available.  As I mentiond earlier most of the COI records are with Clare Co. Library.  Will follow that up too when I get a chance.

I don't know of any decendants named Stringer at the moment, apart from your connections.  There must be some in Ireland still!

Offline Doolinsharon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 09 September 13 00:07 BST (UK) »
Martha and Oliver stringer are my great great grandparents, John and Letitia being my great grand parents, James their son was my grandfather.

Offline thebestmummyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 09 September 13 23:26 BST (UK) »
Great hear from you.  Was James Stringer Robert Henry's brother?

Offline Doolinsharon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 09 September 13 23:53 BST (UK) »
I presume they would be. In 1911 census John and Letitia have 5 children Richard George James Thomas and Edward. When was Robert Henry born?