Author Topic: Robert GREGORY  (Read 4955 times)

Offline prerunner1982

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert GREGORY
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 July 10 17:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for all the help.... this gives me more info to dig into.

Have a wonderful day Trish!
Gregory, Hopkins, Bowhey(Bowhay), Pine, Warren, Bray, Pile, Rennels(Reynolds), Rich,

Offline LindaGregory152

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 June 17 18:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am also descended from Robert Gregory and Mary Bray via Robert Gregory (b 1787); Robert Gregory (b 1815); Robert Henry Gregory (b 1838) and my great grandfather was Ernest Atherton Gregory (b 1873) - he moved to Tenby in Pembrokshire. Although I can trace the Brays back a few generations the origins of Robert remain a mystery to me and everyone else I know who is researching this family. There were Gregorys along the coast who were fishermen/mariners about a century before Robert was born, but there seems to be no clear line of descent. I can find an Emmanuel Gregory son of Richard born abt. 1756 in Highweek who was a mariner and he is of an age that he could be a brother of Robert, but no trace of Robert's birth. I feel it unlikely that Robert's origins lie in North Devon, although this would be nice for me as that is where I was born, but cannot find him in South Devon.

Have you made any more progress at all?
Gregory, Elliott, Bray, Widdicombe, Warren, Honeywell, Haddy: Brixham/South Devon
Jones: Llangeler
Edmonds, Fort(t), Epton, Taylor: South Petherton/Martock Somerset
Valentine, Edwards, Jones: Cardiganshire (Ysbty Ystwyth, Llanbadarn Fawr), Llanidloes, Penrhiwceiber
Richards, Griffiths, Arthur: Tenby/Pembrokeshire

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 June 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat LindaGregory152.

The original poster prerunner1982 hasnt been on Rootschat since 2011.
They may reply to you but may not be around anymore or have the same email address to know you have replied to their query.

If you need any help after reading through what we had found just ask ie reply on this thread.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)