Author Topic: Evaskad, Eveskett, Evasked...???  (Read 1648 times)

Offline gabhanach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evaskad, Eveskett, Evasked...???
« on: Saturday 17 July 10 16:57 BST (UK) »
gabhanach
RootsChat Extra

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Online)    
   PETER AND PAUL EVASKED/EVASKETT...???
« on: Today at 15:08:45 »    Reply with quote Modify message
my great-great-grandmother on my maternal side was a mary evasked (nee mcguinness) who died in 1930. her daughter mabel was my great-grandmother, she had three brothers, namely peter, paul and anthony. they lived on wrightsons lane in dundalk during the 1911 census. i would like to contact anyone of this surmame to find out more about mary's husband joseph, who she married in brighton, england in 1898 and lived for a time at 44 scotland street. his father was simon and i believe they may have been of polish/ prussian origin from the minsk region of modern day belarus, so the name may have been evaskovich or evaskettovich.

Offline artdec0

• RootsChat Member
  • Help! Distressed Genealogist. :o)
    • View Profile
Re: Evaskad, Eveskett, Evasked...???
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 November 16 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have a Paul Evasked in my distant tree. He was on the 1922 Irish census as being in Cootehill barracks at the age of 19. He married a relative of mine, Daisy Dandridge in Oxon in 1935 and died in 1962.
If you have any further information I would be interested to hear from you.
Regards,
Ron
Aggio Arno Beetles Bezer Bickham Bowdidge Buck Burgoine Convine Coupe Crapper Donno
Duffee Ellison Elmor/e Estall Fabin Forse Fuery
Garstin Gierth Inns Keilich Keyser Krogman/n
Mourgue Ling McNaught Petty Piper Poupart
Rollins Shilling Steers Thoene Walding Warbis
Wildman Wylly

Offline gabhanach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 December 16 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes, indeed, I also have the same Paul Evasked on my tree, with my records coming from the 1901 and 1911 census'. He would be my second great uncle......if that makes any sense. It's his sister Mabel who is my great grandmother. Paul's grand father Simon was said to have come from Poland or Russia. It is family tradition that he migrated from the Minsk region of modern day Belarus. I have a marriage certificate for his parents, who got married in Brighton on December 1st 1898! They resided at 44 Scotland St. but later moved to Dublin, as his mother Mary R McGuinness was Irish. His father Joseph was a bamboo furniture maker and had a shop at 36 Lennox Lane from as early as September 1906. Later the family moved to Dundalk, County Louth which is where I'm from. There are no longer any Evasked's in Ireland as far as I know but the name does live on in England because of Paul and his brother Joseph Peter who got married in 1928 in Hampshire. Gavin.

Offline artdec0

• RootsChat Member
  • Help! Distressed Genealogist. :o)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 December 16 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, and compliments of the season.
 :)
Aggio Arno Beetles Bezer Bickham Bowdidge Buck Burgoine Convine Coupe Crapper Donno
Duffee Ellison Elmor/e Estall Fabin Forse Fuery
Garstin Gierth Inns Keilich Keyser Krogman/n
Mourgue Ling McNaught Petty Piper Poupart
Rollins Shilling Steers Thoene Walding Warbis
Wildman Wylly