Author Topic: Christopher Smith  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Cheryl16

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Smith
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 October 10 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa,

Have you seen the RTFHS booklet The Family Tree of Woodfine Smith by Josephine Tombs. It has some useful information about Trezy Ann and her parents and siblings and shows how the Claytons, Smiths etc interlink through marriage up to 1900.

Like all pieces of other peoples research it is worth checking against the census etc. to confirm the people you are looking for.

Cheryl
Smith, Burrell. Covell, Stonebridge

Offline BourneGooner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Smith
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi All
Wonder if these forum posts are still "live", I'll raise them again and see who's out there  :) I'm interested in "One Armed" Christopher Smith, son of Barthwell and Charlotte Smith. Christopher would be my 3rd great grand uncle (according to my family tree program  :)) I've done some work on Christopher and published it via http://www.sanway-brownlock.com/christopher-smith-1834 along with pages for Barthwell Smith and Charlotte Smith/Gray/Elliott. My main reason for posting is I'm still a little confused by some of the information relating to Christopher some say he was previously married to a Mary Shaw, others say he was related to "Gypsy" Rodney the evangelist. I've just purchased a copy of the book "The Family Tree of Major and Susanna Lovell" and this only shows a marriage/union to Patience Lovell. Does anyone have any definitive proof of a marriage to Mary Shaw or any information relating to Mary would be a great help or a connection to Rodney. Any help or information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

BourneGooner

BourneGooner
Lock's of Rutland, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire
Goff's of Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire
Smith's - Gypsy descendants of Barthwell Smith