Author Topic: John Ovens of Drumbadmeen  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Kovens

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Ovens of Drumbadmeen
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 04:41 GMT (UK) »
You may have already seen this but, just in case it proves to be helpful; I recently found a http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/fermanagh/cemeteries/slavin-graveyard-plot-1.txt of about 30 Ovens Buried at the Slavin church Cemetery, some of the transcriptions include family relation such as wife or son, the others can be inferred with a reasonable sense of validity.

Also as I am on Ovens and researching this surname as thoroughly as possible has become my mission; I have created a web page in the hope of attracting other Ovens (and related families) together in one place to pool our knowledge and fill in the gaps/ connect the various branches of the Tree. Our goal is to create one Ovens tree containing as much information as possible about the Ovens Surname and Tree in one place. the web page is less then a month old but, coming alon nicely. Please visit us at www.ovensfamily.net if you are interested in joining us.

Offline Carlm

• RootsChat Extra
  • "Never pass a bar with your name on it."
    • View Profile
Re: John Ovens of Drumbadmeen
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Hmm.  Drumbadmeen, right next door to Drumcrow West where I have a nest of Owenses.  (With a w.)  I've suspected for some time now that Owens and Ovens are versions of the same name.  There seems to be some crossover between the names in that area.  I am descended from John II born 1800, died 1844, son of John Owens I and his second wife, name unknown, maybe Eleanor.
John I and his first wife (also unknown) had Rev. Thomas (ordained by John Wesley in 1785, died 1808), Frank(?? in 1700's more likely Francis), Torrance or Terrance, William , Edward, Kitty (?), mary, Letty(?).
I'm pretty confident about Rev. Thomas, and am certain about John II and subsequent.
MAGUIRE, PATTERSON, OWENS, BRANDON