Author Topic: Information on County Louth, Nth Ireland  (Read 11763 times)

Offline grantsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Information on County Louth, Nth Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 July 11 03:32 BST (UK) »
Dear Julie,

What a bolt out of the blue ! I have never heard that my grandmother Lucretia had an older sister  named Muriel . As far as I knew, there were 5 children - Edward Benjamin b. 1882 who did indeed marry Eleanor Batson, James Annesley b. 1885 who died young in 1907 from TB, Lucretia b. 1886 who emigrated to Australia in 1922, married my grandfather James Holdsworth in 1923 d. 1968,   Mary Georgina ( sometimes known as Minnie ) who married Isaac " Sheltie " Moore in 1942, and also emigrated to Australia in 1949 d. 1960, Gregory b. 1892 who died aged nearly two in 1894.
I have visited Bessbrook twice since 1997 and made contact with a number of relatives including some of the offspring of Edward's family now living in England.
I would LOVE to hear from you and compare notes.
If you'd like to contact me directly my email address is (*)

Really look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Janice :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Northowram, West Yorkshire : Blyth, Northumberland :
St. Peter's, Thanet, Kent : County Armagh, Nth Ireland : Boston , Lincolnshire : Sydney, NSW, Australia : Somerset : Ebbw Vale, Wales.

Offline grantsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 July 11 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Julie,

I think I have solved the mystery after looking more carefully at my family tree !
The Lucretia you were referring to was Lucretia Maud b. 1912 and she had siblings Muriel b. 1910, James Ernest b. 1914, Edward b. 1918 who was the one you referred to as dying in 1975, Wilbur b. 1922. Their parents were of course Edward Benjamin Honeyford / Hunniford and Rosslyn Batson.
So in fact my grandmother Luretia b. in 1886 was an Aunt of your grandmother Muriel.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Janice :)
St. Peter's, Thanet, Kent : County Armagh, Nth Ireland : Boston , Lincolnshire : Sydney, NSW, Australia : Somerset : Ebbw Vale, Wales.

Offline grantsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 August 11 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,

Did you get my last personal message giving you my email address ?
I've just been emailing another cousin Eric Honeyford who lives near Belfast about hearing from you. He actually knew our great grandmother Margaret Honeyford nee Reid.
Look forward to hearing from you when you have time.
Best wishes, Janice

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 August 11 10:29 BST (UK) »
New members usually need 2/3 posts to use PM system and Julie only has 1 so far- she might not have gotten your message but if she did she probably won't be able to PM you back yet.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline HugoBeauchamp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 August 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
Julie

May I suggest that you post a couple of appropriate messages (short) on the Cork & Down boards so that you can then have access to the Personal Message (PM) facility?

H
Drogheda, Co Louth - Magee/McGee
Dublin City - Brady, Magee/McGee, McNally, Sheridan, Taylor
Mitchelstown, Co Cork - Hyland, Martin, Russell
Ballyporeen, Co Tipperary - Russell

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 August 11 14:47 BST (UK) »
Julie can post on this thread and once she has 3 posts will be able to use PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline grantsworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 August 11 02:29 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions re : Julie getting in touch with me again. I did send her a personal message, so hopefully I will hear from her again and be able to exchange family information.  :)

Offline honeyford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 August 11 21:12 BST (UK) »
Dear janice  I am having trouble with my computer sending emails it is mobile broadband and is very unreliable.  I have sent you a couple of emails but am not very good at it.  I really love hearing from you and will keep trying to contact you via email.  My dad is really interested in this family research as my granny lost contact with her family in  1929.  Granny was always very attached to carlingford where the reids lived but all she ever said was it was up a mountain where she lived.  All the family here says hi.

lots of love

julie ::)

Offline Noel Steele

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 23 September 17 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Am searching for information about my mother Muriel Honeyford born 20 th march 1910 derramore house Bessbrook Father Edward and mother Eleanor Never meet my grandparents They were Quakers