Author Topic: Any suggestions on where to go from here?  (Read 5894 times)

Offline feefee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any suggestions on where to go from here?
« on: Tuesday 20 July 10 09:42 BST (UK) »
I am totally at a loss about where to go from here.  I have managed to get back to a birth in Kiltrustan, Lissonuffy of Bridget Hynes.  Her parents were married in Strokestown in 1839 William Hinds and Mary McDaniel (name in fact McDonnell).  I know both were born circa 1814 -1819  William was from Longford and at one point they were living with Eugene (owen MCdonnell from Roscommon).  I have a Bridget Hynes who it seems is related.  Her marriage gives parents names John and Mary living in Longford in 1851.  She was previously married in Lissonuffy to Michael Brannighan but he died in 1845.  Their son was later sentenced to life imprisonment but was found innocent and released after 10 years hard labour.  Bridget and William and families for the next two generations were used as Godparents, witnesses etc.  I have nothing concrete to say they were related.  I am stuck in that Hynes was not a common name in Longford.  They ended up in Northumberland in a very small place with most of their Irish neighbours being from Lissonuffy.

Offline JA Youngberry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions on where to go from here?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 09:54 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandfather was Eugene Owen McDonnell son of John McDonnell and Mary Hynes - some family records say he was born in Ballinsloe Roscommon but some say he was born here in Australia in Jandowae Queensland.  I've been trying to trace his line
Harman, Farnham, Youngberry, Taylor, Palmer, McDonnell, Chambers, O'Brien

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 16:38 BST (UK) »
I have McDaniel/McDonnell also, but in Westmeath the name seems to change quite suddenly for all the McDaniels around the mid 1860s but I'd need to check that date.

Offline JA Youngberry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 March 16 02:20 BST (UK) »
Would it be uncommon for Eugene and Owen to go together so often if it wasn't the same family line?
Harman, Farnham, Youngberry, Taylor, Palmer, McDonnell, Chambers, O'Brien