Author Topic: Job Harrison in Gresford  (Read 2454 times)

Offline suze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Job Harrison in Gresford
« on: Thursday 31 March 05 22:25 BST (UK) »
My gg grandfather was Job Harrison born c1812 in Gresford, son of Thomas (no other info on Welsh part of his existence).  By 1852 he was in Liverpool and married twice, one in 1852 and again in 1856.  He is listed on 1856 marriage cert as Engineer and his father Thomas as engine smith.  Can anyone help?
Harrison, Rogers, Rogerson, Snape, Huskins, Beanland, Taylor, Traynor, Crook, Hunston, Yates, Birch, Melling, Leeper

Offline sharon brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Job Harrison in Gresford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 September 05 13:02 BST (UK) »
hello suze,
i am in contact with a lady who is researching the harrison family from liverpool. upto now this is the information she has given me
Thomas Harison C1790 of Gresford (don't know who he married). they had the following children:
Job Harrison b. 1810 (approx) from Gresford. Married charlotte martin (b. 1821)
in 1852 at st. michaels, toxteth park, liverpool. they had at least one child, being william harrison b.1854 of l/pool.
Thomas harrison later went on to marry Ann Rogers?. they had the following children:
Margaret h b.1856
job alexander b.1857
mary b.1859
all born in l/pool
Job Alexander married ellen fowler, their children being
Job alexander harrison b.1881
William george harrison b.1885
ann harrison b.1886
rose ? harrison b.1890

Job alexander harrison who married ellen fowler later went on to marry mary dickinson, their children being:
louisa harrison b1895
elsie harrison b.1900 of l/pool

my connection with this family being that Thomas at the top of the tree, may have had a brother charles (attached to my family tree) i am at the moment trying to find their parents and hopefully if i'm thinking right, they will have the same parents. my harrisons all live in brymbo, near wrexham and one of them married into the smallwood family (my mother's side). Please let me know if any of this info sounds familiar to you. if so, i shall get in contact with the lady who has provided me with this info and ask her permission for me to pass over her e-mail address to you. i don't know if you are a member of Genes Reunited, but if you are, you can gain access to my tree ans well as hers
kind regards
sharon

Offline suze

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 19:24 BST (UK) »
Sharon

Are you in contact with Clare Harrison as I have given her some of this information? Her ancestor is Job Alexander Harrison.

My gt grandma was Mary Eliza Harrison, daughter of Job's 2nd wife Ann Hannah Kent Rogers (m 10/10/1856 at St Michael's Toxteth Park) and sister of Job Alexander.  I have this week been trying to find her grave at St Saviour's in Bamber Bridge, nr Preston.  When she died in 1932, as the result of an accident, she left all her 8 children £132 each so I assumed that she would have had a gravestone!  I also don't know how she ended up where she did, as in the 1881 census she was pregnant and unmarried and living in Bamber Bridge (30 miles north of Liverpool).  Although she married James Snape, my gt grandfather and George's father, 2 mths after his birth, he kept the Harrison name whilst all his siblings had the name of Snape (I was never told why all my grandad's brothers and sisters had the name of Snape whilst I was a Harrison!).

I was thinking of coming down to Denbigh Record Office soon to see if I could find the baptism record for Job in the Gresford area.  On his death cert in 1878, his age is given as 68.  Are you able to look up the local registers to check this?  My father believed that there was an Northern Irish connection in the Harrison family so the Welsh one has been quite a surprise.

I do subscribe to Genes Reunited and am happy to let you see my tree.  I will look for Thomas Harrison and find you.

Best wishes

Suze (nee Harrison)
Harrison, Rogers, Rogerson, Snape, Huskins, Beanland, Taylor, Traynor, Crook, Hunston, Yates, Birch, Melling, Leeper

Offline sharon brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 19:40 BST (UK) »
hello suze, thank you for your reply. yes i have been in contact with clare harrison. my e-mail address is
sharon.brown2@tesco.net.  if you go to Genes Reunited and look for the surname smallwood you will find me there. i will get in contact with you via that way. kind regards
sharon