Author Topic: James SHORT - Charlotte TRIM "Lookup Request"  (Read 4138 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James SHORT - Charlotte TRIM "Lookup Request"
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 July 10 08:17 BST (UK) »
There are also no records of them having been born in Lincolnshire were the family are sure they must have come from. Just don't know were to go next. Does their marrage details list anything that can help, do you have access?

There is a baptism for a James Short abt correct time - in Lincolnshire -father Edward
This seems to be the james Short on the trees who is married to Charlotte Trim

but both trees do not have sources - so it seems to me to be nothing more than a guess

I think you need some certificateas to get any further - if the family member who has been researching states there is nothing on the certificate then how has he/she come to the conclusion the family were from Lincs??? Could you find out exactly what certificates the family member has???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 July 10 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

There are several baptisms to James and Elizabeth

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pDim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 July 10 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi just traced Charlotte Trim's parents they were Sarah Moxam and John Trim, her grandparents on Johns side were John Trim and Eleanor Fowler from Donhead Wiltshire. Can I have an official source such as a parish lookup for these people. Also if possible this could link to James Short's parents. Turns out the family moved from one town to another so it's still very likely that the Shorts were from Lincolnshire or Wiltshire. There also might be of Trim Short marrages.

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 September 16 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi think I have found James Short born/baptised Donhead St Andrew to Thomas and Hannah in 1790. Can anyone help me with the date of baptism? Thanks heaps

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 April 17 22:28 BST (UK) »
I think the Elizabeth who married James Short may have been Elizabeth Williams Fricker married at Donhead St Mary Wiltshire 1812. A few months earlier she married William Fricker probably a cousin or relation of some sort. I can't find a baptism for her in Donhead St Mary or St Andrew. Any help would be appreciated, I believe she was probably born around 1786 going by the census's.