Author Topic: Wexford People  (Read 73273 times)

Offline Angela Johnston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wexford People
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 27 July 13 15:07 BST (UK) »
How absolutely fascinating to read the string of posts regarding the Crosbies of Wexford and subsequently Dublin.  I am the Great Granddaughter of Richard Crosbie and Catherine (Katie) Marlow.  Richard was a brother of Peter (who married Margaret Bolger and lived in Roches Terrace).  The cousin Peter who often stayed in Roches Terrace was my Great uncle.  Both Roches Terrace and "The Faythe" are the streets that I remember most as a young child visiting from Belfast - and, of course, the fire station.  Is anyone still interested in this string?  I'm including (hopefully) a photograph for anyone who has a continuing interest and I would love to hear more from Crosbie cousins in Wexford or Dublin.  Picture is: Back L-R Martin, Peter & Josie Crosbie (Sons of Richard and Catherine Marlow), Front: unknown neighbour and Catherine (Katie) Marlow). Angela Johnston

Offline Murrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 07 September 13 21:15 BST (UK) »
Fantasic reading what a tread.  ;D
Power Ward Rooney  Southern Ireland

Offline The Geneal Geologist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Friday 30 May 14 10:18 BST (UK) »
Nickr90 - I note you have LOWNEY interests in Wexford. Do you have any info you are able to share privately? I have researched LOWNEY in detail and the Wexford branch is a close cousinal branch to my wife's. My tree contains what I have been able to glean from newspapers and online records, which is quite a lot (as the family is quite noted in Wexford) but many questions remain. I have tried to contact various family members without success. I will be happy to share my research for the earlier generations back to the early 1800's. Please contact me through the secure online form on my genealogical website - http://creativegraces.net.
Many thanks.

Offline nickr90

• RootsChat Member
  • I write extensively on the history of Wexford town
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 31 May 14 14:52 BST (UK) »
Replied on your page
Wexford Town Rossiter Sludds Ratigan Lowney Social History

Offline Rodstewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 03 August 14 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, have been on the roots chat and notice everything about the Crosbie family in Roaches Terrace. I am Peter Crosbie's son, the youngest child of James and Ellen Crosbie, 3 Roaches Terrace, We have the same grandfather. My name is Bruce and my brothers are Shaun and Robin.We live in the Wolverhampton area. Should you wish to get in touch with me I would be happy to hear from you.

Offline Rodstewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
cousins
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for replying. I do not know your phone number else would give you a phone call. I do not want to put my number on the internet but you can find me in phone book under B Crosbie, Wolverhampton.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Scrapple50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 23 January 16 02:20 GMT (UK) »
Nick
I've been looking for information on Patrick K Murphy who was a Patrol Leader. Not sure what a Patrol Leader was during 1939.  I have a funeral card that listed him living at 9 Selskar St Wexford and he died on 29 November 1939 at the age of 18.  Looking through the chats I saw you listed a John Murphy and sons Ltd at the same address, I assume this was Patricks father.  This is all I could find so far.  I'm not finding anything on the family yet but still searching.  I see there is now a Bike shop at the same address.

Offline Scrapple50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sunday 03 April 16 15:35 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find anything on the Murphy family of Selskar st Wexford.  I have a John Murphy and Sons ltd listed.  I also have  a Patrick Murphy of the same address who died in 1939 but this is all I have so far.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline puss in boots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 21 May 17 17:14 BST (UK) »
Re: Wexford people

hi *jack2227

can i ask why you posted regarding henry and eliza eyre wexford to barbara, and do you have any other info as those two are my great great grand parents?  also thomas was not an only child his siblings were..william john eyre and charles a eyre and  a sister georgina maria   later married in liverpool to a mr barfoot