Author Topic: George Boothroyd b.Wakefield 1836  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Trowergirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Boothroyd b.Wakefield 1836
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 22:41 BST (UK) »

Many thanks Evie too - forgot to say your dog is adorable!

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 July 10 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Trowergirl

I sent a personal message to you containing my email address- please send a reply to that address, to let me know you received the personal message.

regards,
Lesley
Bradley, Gledhill, Dodson, Norcliffe, Kaye, Matthewman- all Berry Brow/Almondbury
Webster- Northowram
Brick wall: Maria Blaymires  c 1800 Northowram

Offline Joe Sanders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 February 18 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trowergirl,

I am descendant of Richardus 'Boothroyd' who was married to Sarah (born Jackson) with the same dates you have. I know this thread is really old but can we make contact so I can go further back?

Thanks,
Joe

Offline Joe Sanders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 February 18 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sunlaws,

Can you help me out with the Boothroyd family please?

Hi Trowergirl

I have a lot of Almondbury resources, so if you supply me with names and dates of events I can probably find some occupations, places where they lived etc,  possibly even a photo of a signature (or a wobbly cross if they could only make a mark!)

Regards,

Lesley

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 February 18 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe
You don't say which of Richard BOOTHROYD'S children you are descended from?

Trowergirl seems to suggest it was Richard Boothroyd chr 30th January 1675/6 who married Sarah Jackson. That Richard is the son of Thomas.
However, there is another Richard Boothroyd chr December 15th 1678, son of John.
I can only see one marriage for a Richard Boothroyd, which is indeed to Sarah Jackson. The record says that he is a pauper and both are of Almondbury. Just 3 months after the marriage, on 15th July 1699: 'Johannis f Ricardi Buthroid vill pauperis immature natus est, immediate bapt et postea sepult.(John son of Richard Buthroid of Almondbury, pauper, was born prematurely, immediately baptised and afterwards buried' The fact that this firstborn son was called John suggests to me that Richard Buthroid is the one chr. 1678
Lesley
Bradley, Gledhill, Dodson, Norcliffe, Kaye, Matthewman- all Berry Brow/Almondbury
Webster- Northowram

Offline Joe Sanders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 February 18 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley - thanks.

I believe Richard and Sarah Jackson had a son called Daniel (who married Hannah) which is the line through which I descend. I noticed Trowergirl listed further Boothroyd names and ancestors and I am trying to work out the link/tree past Richard Boothroyd.

Thanks!
Joe

Hi Joe
You don't say which of Richard BOOTHROYD'S children you are descended from?

Trowergirl seems to suggest it was Richard Boothroyd chr 30th January 1675/6 who married Sarah Jackson. That Richard is the son of Thomas.
However, there is another Richard Boothroyd chr December 15th 1678, son of John.
I can only see one marriage for a Richard Boothroyd, which is indeed to Sarah Jackson. The record says that he is a pauper and both are of Almondbury. Just 3 months after the marriage, on 15th July 1699: 'Johannis f Ricardi Buthroid vill pauperis immature natus est, immediate bapt et postea sepult.(John son of Richard Buthroid of Almondbury, pauper, was born prematurely, immediately baptised and afterwards buried' The fact that this firstborn son was called John suggests to me that Richard Buthroid is the one chr. 1678
Lesley

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 February 18 15:06 GMT (UK) »
What birth date do you have for Daniel?  And marriage date to Hannah?

I can't see a Daniel with father Richard.

Lesley
Webster- Northowram

Offline Joe Sanders

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 February 18 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

I have found sources on Ancestry.com - Daniel born 1702 married Hannah Hebblewaith. They then had a son called Daniel born 1734 and married to Ann (Foster).

What birth date do you have for Daniel?  And marriage date to Hannah?

I can't see a Daniel with father Richard.

Lesley

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 February 18 18:28 GMT (UK) »
I can see the marriage on 14th November 1754 between Daniel Boothroyd and Ann Foster, which takes place in Whitgift in East Yorkshire.
I can also see the birth of a Daniel in 1734 in Halifax, but I can't see any reason to link the two.

Regards,
Lesley
Webster- Northowram