Author Topic: Jones family, Dunany Point  (Read 28333 times)

Offline Hermit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jones family, Dunany Point
« Reply #18 on: Friday 13 September 13 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Mike - how wonderful to hear from you - even though it's at a sad time.  Your mother will certainly be in our prayers this weekend.  And as to the Jones genealogy - there's lots to tell, though you probably are already aware of it.  I'll start that later today , but in the meantime do please give our best to Frank.  When we visited Ireland in 2007 we were fortunate to meet Frank on our first day, and he was the most gracious and knowledgeable person we could have hoped for.  I'm especially interested in your mother's recollections, as well as the work done by Sister Sheila.  Best regards = Hermit
Jones family (Dunany Point, Co. Louth, Ireland), Rae and Livingston(e) families (Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland), and Horan (somewhere in Ireland!)

Offline riorete

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 June 14 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, I have just returned from a wonderful 2 days in Annagassan, I spent our first afternoon with Frank Jones. I found out he was my 2nd cousin, what a wonderful gentleman I loved him, and wanted to spend more time with him. I also met Olivia King Nee Sharkey.
I am so sorry to hear about your mum.
My name is Rita Collins Nee Pyne. My Mum was Margaret Stephens born 1926 to Margaret Stephens Nee Mathews and William Stephens, Brothers were Jimmy, Tom, Owen, Dick, Michael, and May.
Frank was a mind of information, such a lovely man. My often told lovely stories of Eddie, Susie, Celia, Charles, Monica and Theresa her cousins. She came to England with Monica and Theresa who were her cousins and
best friends. Her family home is now Franks Garage. Loved it I can't wait to go back.

Offline riorete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 June 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike, Hermit, I have just returned from a wonderful 2 days in Annagassan, I spent our first afternoon with Frank Jones. I found out he was my 2nd cousin, what a wonderful gentleman I loved him, and wanted to spend more time with him. I also met Olivia King Nee Sharkey, Franks Niece.
I am so sorry to hear about your mum.
My name is Rita Collins Nee Pyne. My Mum was Margaret Stephens born 1926 to Margaret Stephens Nee Mathews and William Stephens, her brothers were Jimmy, Tom, Owen, Dick, Michael, and May.
Frank was a mind of information, such a lovely man. My Mum often told lovely stories of Eddie, Susie, Celia, Charles, Monica and Theresa her cousins. She came to England with Monica and Theresa who were her cousins and also her best friends. Her family home is now Franks Garage. Frank spent the whole afternoon driving us around Annagassan, we saw the school they all went to, he took us to the stephens grave, he also took us to Blackrock where they all went dancing together, no transport they all went on their bikes. Frank Jones is the most amazing person I have ever met.
Loved it I can't wait to go back.

Offline NorahB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 November 15 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I think Bernie Jones is my cousin.  My mother was Francis Caffrey, granny Fanny Caffrey who lived in  Dunany.   I too have a copy of the family tree your father worked on and made such interesting reading.  We visited the Jones monument in St.Patricks Cathedral in Dublin a few years ago

Offline NorahB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 07 November 15 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bernie, I am Thomas Caffrey's grandaughter, Carla. I think we may have met when I was younger.Thomas was one of many ! Was Stephen your father? I too would love to learn more about the Caffrey family.

Carla, I met you when you were a child. your grandfather Tommy was my uncle - did he play the accordion or that may have been Uncle Stephen who researched the family tree.

Offline Beccami

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 August 18 15:09 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information about my ancestors who lived at the Jones quay, at Dunany

Offline Beccami

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 August 18 15:11 BST (UK) »
I believe my grandfather was Stephen Sibthorpe Caffrey I’m
sorry if I’m being a bit vague but I don’t have much to go on and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance 😊

Offline Hermit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 13 August 18 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Beccami,
This is Bill Rae in the U.S., aka "Hermit."  I've attached a outline descendant report for Peter Caffrey showing 3 Stephen Caffrey's.  I hope this is helpful.  I can also put you in touch with other Caffrey's in the U.S. and Ireland.
I look forward to hearing back from you. 
Bill Rae (Hermit)
emwjrae@verzion.net 
Jones family (Dunany Point, Co. Louth, Ireland), Rae and Livingston(e) families (Blantyre, Lanarkshire, Scotland), and Horan (somewhere in Ireland!)

Offline Beccami

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 13 August 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

Thank you so much for getting back to me and for the wonderful attachment. I am Rebecca Frances Miller daughter of deceased Marian Caffrey and my brother is Stephen Sibthorpe Miller so the family names of both sides have been given to us both. I would love to contact other family members.

What relation to me are you?

This is very exciting. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer so was trying to establish whether it is genetic as I have a daughter of my own who is 9. I have discovered that Nora my grandmother died aged 50 in 1965 of breast cancer so I will be eligible to have the genetic test.

Not the best circumstances to be looking at my family tree but it has become quite important to me now I have started looking.

Thank you again for your time.

Rebecca x

N
Becca.miller@hotmail.co.uk