Author Topic: Place names  (Read 2720 times)

Offline paperhound

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Place names
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 January 18 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Whilst William Crundwell was born at Penshurst .. his mother, and extended family, was from Frant in Sussex, it is right on the Sussex/Kent border ... he later lived at Etchingham in Sussex. I think you will find a link in that (all of) their church was at nearby Tunbridge Wells Wesleyan Methodists.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline paperhound

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 January 18 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Willam's mother Sarah Crundwell (unmarried servant girl) was of Poundsbridge, a hamlet on the edge, and a I believe a parish of, Penshurst. My guess is that is where she was employed ... don't know yet by whom though.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emilypos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 January 18 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hy Chas WHEATLEY left a will  #26443. Edited detail is in FindMyPast NSW Will books. Full doc would be  out at State Archives, Kingswood plus possibly a Deceased Estate
file. He left an estate of 526 pounds
Bye
EmilyP