Author Topic: Rosette Benjamin Pezaro  (Read 833 times)

Offline poppyann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rosette Benjamin Pezaro
« on: Wednesday 28 July 10 18:28 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find when Rossete came to England. She was born about 1842 in Amsterdam. Rosette
married Michael Samson Messias in Whitechapel in 1864. Any help would be appreciated. Poppyann

Offline Bluebird Research

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rosette Benjamin Pezaro
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 August 10 17:02 BST (UK) »
Do you know if they were Sephardic or Ashkenazic Jewish? Or the name of the synagogue where they married? If there is a surviving Jewish marriage certificate (e.g. at London's Beth Din), that might give more information at least about her father (presumably named Benjamin) and possibly her place of origin. The first step would be to buy the civil marriage certificate, if you haven't already (which you probably will have!).

I assume you know that they had nine or ten children, as per the Knowles Collection (a UK Jewish database)? There are a few Pezaro in Knowles as well, including a "top of line" Benjamin Pezaro - probably a few members of the family came over.
16 gt gt gps: Rigden, Turner, Keen, Taylor, Harnett, Foad, Ashby, Nutten, Moore, Anderson, ?, Finch, Alexander, Nicholls, Eason, West: all born east of the Medway

Research interests:
East Kent...