Author Topic: photographers in leicester  (Read 15051 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: photographers in leicester
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 19 August 17 22:17 BST (UK) »
For an in depth look at Victorian and Edwardian photographers in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire with interest in Leicestershire too, you might like to have a look at Brett Payne's websites. Although now resident in New Zealand he is both highly knowledgeable and easily approachable. He helped me with identification and dating of a number of archive photographs some years ago.

Photographers & Photographic Studios in Derbyshire, England

and

Photo-Sleuth: old photographs, photographers and their subjects by Brett Payne

Cheers Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Adrian70

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: photographers in leicester
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 August 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Alan.
Regards,
Adrian.............

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.