Author Topic: Henry Edwards Inkley  (Read 8359 times)

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Henry Edwards Inkley
« on: Thursday 29 July 10 08:22 BST (UK) »
Can you locate a death record for Henry Edwards Inkley, born about 1822  around Wormshill ,somewher near Faversham.
 Thanking you.  ab

Offline danuslave

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My fashion sense isn't any better now!
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Edwards Inkley
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 July 10 08:46 BST (UK) »
Not many Henry Inkleys about (lucky you)

Henry Inkley  1861  Jul-Aug-Sep  Faversham  Volume  2a  Page  375

BTW you posted this in Kent Completed Lookup Requests - you should have been in Kent Lookup Requests   :D

Linda
MOXHAM/MOXAM - Wiltshire & Surrey
SKEATS - Surrey
BRETT - Kent & County Durham
and
SWINBANK - anywhere

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 July 10 10:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the fast reply, and sorry it was in wrong spot.
 He actually had a son with exact same name born Sept. 1861.   Are you sure the info you gave me was from Death register and not Births?    Henry [1] was married to a Mary Wilcox.     Regards  ab.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 July 10 11:42 BST (UK) »
There is a burial in Faversham of a Henry INKLEY September 1861 see http://www.familysearch.org (select Record Search Pilot) but, unfortunately, no age given.  Can you confirm that your Henry died between the 1861 and 1871 census?

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline danuslave

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My fashion sense isn't any better now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 July 10 11:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the fast reply, and sorry it was in wrong spot.
 He actually had a son with exact same name born Sept. 1861.   Are you sure the info you gave me was from Death register and not Births?    Henry [1] was married to a Mary Wilcox.     Regards  ab.

It came from

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915

Birth registration for the son from England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915

Henry Edwards Inkley  1861  Jul-Aug-Sep  Faversham  Volume  2a Page 595

Linda
MOXHAM/MOXAM - Wiltshire & Surrey
SKEATS - Surrey
BRETT - Kent & County Durham
and
SWINBANK - anywhere

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 04:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, Many thanks for your help.   Seems there were 3 Henry Edward Inkley,s,.  I have found  a  little more info. from  'findmy past' but still tring to sort it all out.  Henry   [1862] came to Australia 1883 and married a Margaret Stone, however  I found on another site that he married Fanny Jordan also from Faversham, so I am working on it.
   Regards ab.

Offline bosdal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I found Henry Inkley b. 06 APR 1861 Faversham Kent England
d. 21 APR 1936 Brighton South Australia and married to a Fannie Maria Jordan b. 1868 Sheldwich Kent England d. 02 JUN 1890 Cheltenham Victoria Australia on a family tree posted on the net. 

Our family had a Henry Inkley born on the 6th April 1861 in Faversham Kent, but to our knowledge he died the same year  along with his mother. This information was given to a relative by the niece of Henry Inkley. Henry's mother had recorded the birth dates of all her children in her bible. Whether Henry survived and went on to move to Australia, this would change what we thought - if anyone has a death date for Henry, this would greatly assist.  Henry's parents were Robert Inkley and Mary Ann Cork.
Regards

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 01:24 GMT (UK) »
Henry Edward INKLEY baptised Eastling Kent 1 Sep 1861 son of Henry Edward and Mary Ann http://www.familysearch.org (select record search pilot)

Henry Edwards INKLEY married Mary Ann WILCOX 1857 Faversham registration district http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

When and where does Henry senior last appear on a UK census?  Can his wife be found after that?

Casalguidi :)

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Some clarification on Henry .   At times I have been quite confused, however i think I have this right now.
  The Henry Edward Inkley  whose father was Robert Inkley and mother Mary Ann Cork, is not of my line. Well not that I can ascertain anyway ,although  I would not mind betting they were related somehow.
   My first Henry Edwards Inkley was baptised 20 March 1831 in Hollingbourne and married Mary Ann Wilcox and had 2 children . The second child was Henry Edwards born 27 July 1861.[ Have seen slightly different dates]
This Henry came to Australia 1883 and first married Fanny Jordan and seconly Margaret Stone
  My Inkleys seem to have come from around Eastling area, so am thinking your Robert Inkley was a brother or cousin of Henry snr.    Regards ab