Author Topic: Fallin colliery  (Read 53269 times)

Offline CdnRyan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fallin colliery
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi There
I posted a message on this thread a couple of days ago.   James 'Stalin' Ryan is my Great Uncle.  His brothers Frank Ryan ( eighth from the left in the front row, with the balding hairline) and Donald Ryan ( fifth from the left in the third row with the light colored jacket) are in this photo.  Their sister, Janet Ryan is my maternal grandmother who immigrated to Canada in 1954.  I am dying to learn more about my Ryan ancestry!   I wrote a post about a week ago as CdnRyan.   Hope someone reads it... It is the last post thus far in this thread.   Thank you.   Heather from Canada.
Wow thx Lauren this thread just gets better n better.  Do you know if 'Stalin' Ryan is in these pics, or any other Ryans?

Have a great weekend, Kathy :)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather.
This thread seems to have gone cold.
I'm surprised you haven't had some responce.

Cheers.
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Kathy who started this post has not been online here on RootsChat since the end of October. Sometimes people miss their notifications when someone makes a new post. Hopefully she will be back online soon to repond to your posts  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CdnRyan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your responses.   I am hopeful that I will hear something.   Take good care. 

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 18 July 13 21:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry guys been offline for a while due to health issues. Ready to answer what i can on ryans of fallin :)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 18 July 13 21:39 BST (UK) »
By the way by totsl chance i may have a connection to stalin ryan one of my neighbours here in glasgow. Let me know if uwant me to pursue it, he is elderly and am not quite sure of his present health

Offline CdnRyan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Friday 19 July 13 05:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathy;
Hope that you are feeling better!  Thank you for responding to my previous threads.  Yes, I would be very interested in learning anything at all from your neighbour who may have known my Great Uncle James 'Stalin' Ryan.  Thank you so much for offering to do this.  I suspect it is part of the grief that I am experiencing at the loss of my mother, but is so sad to me that I have no known relatives from my maternal grandmother's side and I loved her so dearly!  Looking very forward to chatting with you.  Are you originally from Fallin as well?  Take good care!  Heather from Canada.

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Friday 26 July 13 19:31 BST (UK) »
Picked up Heathers post about the Ryans and have answered her. Sorry to be so late been offline for a ehile. This still is a great thread, isnt it?

Offline fallinshaman1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Thursday 22 August 13 10:51 BST (UK) »
Using this site for first time so hope I am doing it right!

I am a 27 year old from Fallin and trying to research and go as far back as possible to find out more about the place and it's people in hope of collating it into some sort of book b4 more info is lost through time.

I see someone mentions Ann and Helen Ryan. Helen Ryan was married to my Great Uncle John Brown Smith who sadly passed away this month. If anyone is trying to get in touch with these Ryans please feel free to inbox me.

My great grandmother was originally from South Alloa and went by the name of Sarah Douglas, then Smith once married.

If anyone has any information, stories or pictures to share or would like my help in trying to locate relatives in the village I would be more than happy to help! x