Author Topic: Fallin colliery  (Read 38898 times)

Offline marben81

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fallin colliery
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Found some photos that may be of interest.

First one is "Fallin Old Folks Treat". Kneeling on far left of the picture is Thomas Bunyan; I don't know who anyone else in the photo is. This photo is from about the 1950s-60s. The photo was taken for the Stirling Observer.

Second photo is Polmaise Bowling Club, from the 1960s I believe.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline chetwode

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday 29 December 15 14:00 GMT (UK) »
I was just messing around checking pictures of Polmaise colliery when i came across the picture "Old folks Treat" taken in 50s-60s for Stirling Observer and i am pretty sure the person kneeling front left is my Grandfather Charlie Easson. Derek Richardson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline stewart66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Saturday 27 January 18 18:56 GMT (UK) »
As per leslesley's post I too am related to Leslie Stewart from Fallin as well as Ronnie and Margaret Gillespie. Does anyone know of them or who i can possibly contact?  Many thanks