Author Topic: Fallin colliery  (Read 52991 times)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fallin colliery
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 July 10 21:43 BST (UK) »
My dearest Fergie, you have taken my breath away.  Where did you get this photo?  do you have any others, of Anastasia Ryan, ( my grandmother) or Mary Ryan, my great grandmother?

You have made my week.  Thank you SSSOOOOO much!!!

Kathey

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 July 10 22:26 BST (UK) »

Anastasia Ryan

I sort of glanced off this family during my own tree research.

Eleanor had a son, John Ryan who became a Fowler.
John, who was born in 1922 and died in 1976, was my uncle through marriage.

I should/might have some minor info somewhere in this computer of mine. I know that I gave hard copies of all the info I had to one of the Fowler family.
I am almost certain that I have a computer copy of a photo showing James Ryan and Mary Boner with all of their family. I will try to find it.

Cheers
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 July 10 23:17 BST (UK) »
Wow Fergie, sure Kathy will be over the moon with the photos you have! I've been following this thread too as Kathy has put a post on the Lanarkshire board www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,471838.0.html regarding John Ryan and Mary Bonar.

You mention a James (rather than John) Ryan and wife Mary Bonar. Just wondering if my searches have gone askew! Is it John or James, Kathy?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suec45

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 July 10 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathy
here is a photo I have of the Fallin pensioners outing not sure when it was taken through Ned is the 4th on back row

Sue
Cassidy (Stirling & Ireland ) Thorassie(Canada)
Cassles.(Ayr) Wilson(Midlotion )
Hughes(England) Hannah.(Ayr)   Sinclair's(Stiling&clackmannan) Boon(Ayr)
Fraser. (Lanark) Kerr (Midlotion)
Docherty (Dunbarton) Scobbie (Clakmannan) Arichbald (Perth)
Wightman( Lanark) Connor (Ireland) Ryan (Ireland)  Pride(Lanark) Todd (Lanark) Fury (Ieland) Forsyth(Lanark) (Finley(Lanark) Fisher(Stirling) Sommerville(Stirling)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 August 10 09:44 BST (UK) »
Oh my Lordy you guys,

I am practically in tears looking at these photos.  My grandmother, Anastasia, died leaving me no information about the family at all and I have been searching long and hard even to trace up Fallin and the colliery.  Fergie, ANYTHING more you can dig up would be so welcome, ESPECIALLY that photo of Mary Bonar and her husband John.

Two days I have been on this page and the information I have got has been fantastic, also to do with the Eglington side of my family - I have gain a new cousin!!

Its gonna be some Sunday today!!

Kathy

Your so right Monica, what a treat!!!

John Ryan married Mary Bonar 1898 in Cambuslang.  James Bonar was the father, still got some tracing to go but they lived in Rutherglen for a while.  That is James Bonar and Catherine Ferns, or Fearons.  Mariied #Johnstone.

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 August 10 09:58 BST (UK) »
Monica, are you researching, John Ryan and Mary Bonar too?  Lets compare notes!  Kathy

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 01 August 10 09:59 BST (UK) »
Fergie, maybe you could put me in touch with the Fowler family, maybe they would be so nice as to give me access to your docs.  Kathy

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 01 August 10 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Kathy

No, I don't have a connection to the family - just helping out with searches  :)

I have added some posts to your Lanarkshire board post www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,471838.0.html

I think you will find that it was James, son of John, who married Mary Bonar in 1898. That is how it showing on the marriage index on SP and also on the 1901 census. I've also found some earlier census info for the family of John and Eleanor (Helen/Ellen etc), parents of your James. I've posted what details I have found on the other post (trying to keep your responses together for your specific queries).

How exciting all these new finds for you!

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 August 10 11:37 BST (UK) »
You are not joking Monica,I have been searching from scratch for several years now as there was absolutely no info from my family, they have all passed.  Finding this site has been just wonderful.

Thanks for helping out, all help gratefully received!! :)

Yes you are right, James Ryan married to Mary, his father John.  Sorry about that:)