Author Topic: Drabble(completed with thanks)  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Canterburynorth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Drabble
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 July 10 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Jool,

Thanks so much for finding their immigration, I had been searching the lists, now you have saved me so much time. To have his brother and family on the same ship is such a bonus :D You are so very kind.

Regards
Leandra

FORD family,     Devon England, Amberley  New Zealand

KIDD family,      Keith Bannfshire, Scotland

DOODY family   County Clare, Ireland- Canterbury  NZ.

ALEXANDER GRANT & JANET JAMIESON,  BANFF SCOTLAND

Offline Johnfarrer

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Drabble(completed with thanks)
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 05:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leandra, I see you've long completed your search for Joseph Drabble, Kaiapoi,NZ. Sarah Jane D. was my great-grandmother who married William Christie. I have some genealogy and some NZ contacts if you wish to expand any branches, and a few photos. Please let me know.  Your RootsChat thread came up when I searched Drabble, Toxteth Park, UK.    Regards, John.

Offline Mahgniddaw Derf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Drabble
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The 1851 census has:

49 Clive Street, Toxteth Park, Liverpool

Joseph Drabble, Head, M, 37, Mason, Chester
Catherine, Wife, M, 35, Manchester
JOSEPH, son, 13, Liverpool
Thomas, son, 11, Scholar, Stockport
Catherine, Daur, 4, Scholar, Liverpool
Alice, Daur, 2? months,Liverpool

Regards,
Mo

Hello I am very late to this conversation. I don't know how old it is.  I am a Woolley from Elsecar, Yorkshire. Catherine Drabble, the daughter here, was my Great, great Grandmother.  I have a photo of her gravestone but haven't found how to attach it yet.  Cheers for now, Fred

Offline Mahgniddaw Derf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 18 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Headstone of Catherine Drabble, married George Woolley.  She is my Great, Great Grandmother, buried in Elsecar, Yorkshire.

Offline Mahgniddaw Derf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Drabbles to New Zealand
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 February 18 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I am very new to this website so I apologise if I am posting old material.  This document shows Thomas and Joseph Drabble on passage to New Zealand.  Joseph and Catherine, my great, great, great grandad and grandma, must have followed later???

Offline cazzaca

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 22 February 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone - I've recently started up my family search and came across this post as well. Mahgniddaw - how amusing that we are just days apart in our comments!! You are correct in that Joseph & Jane Maxwell and Thomas & Elizabeth Bell along with two children each came on the first boat, followed by Joseph snr. & Catherine whose other adult children Alice & Catherine stayed in Liverpool presumably due to marriage.

Anyway I thought it might be of interest for some to see the senior Joseph & Catherine's gravestone at the Woodend Methodist church where it stands which I'll attach. Snr. Joseph is my 4th great grandfather.

Here is the current list of those buried at the St. Bartholomew cemetery in Kaiapoi:
DRABBLE -  Elizabeth,  wife of Thomas,  dau. of Samuel BELL,  of Toxteth Park, Liverpool, d. 28 Sept. 1912, age 72. also  photo 102
DRABBLE - Thomas,  d. 8 February 1927, age 87.  photo 102
DRABBLE - Samuel D.  d. 8 June 1918,  age 20.  photo 103

DRABBLE - Joseph,  hus. of Sarah,  d. 24  Oct. 1943,  age 77  also  photo 104
DRABBLE - Sarah Jane,  d. 3 November 1951,  age 83.   photo 104
DRABBLE - Thomas Gordon,  d. 3 March 1962  and   photo 105
DRABBLE - Daisy,  (Agnes Elizabeth)  d. 5 January 1993.  photo 105

I have not yet connected Daisy to my family in any way yet, though I suspect she could be a relation of the Joseph & Jane children as I have not gone far down that list as yet!

I also have pictures of the DRABBLE BDM cards from the Christchurch library.

I'm excited because this thread helped me to be more certain about the fact that the younger Joseph had more children when they arrived in NZ so I've added all of them!

The only real confusion I have left around his children is with Elizabeth Alice whom I've seen there may have been two of (first died age 1??) and I can't work out the dates. If anyone can confirm that would be great! (source: https://www.ancestry.com/boards/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=43&p=surnames.drabble) Records show (the 1st?) Elizabeth Alice was 1yr on the voyage. Did she die on the voyage or shortly after arrival perhaps?

My tree is public on Ancestry so shouldn't be hard to find for subscribers, I am not subscribed presently and am happy to pass on any info I can if anyone would like it.

Cheers,
Cara.

Offline Mahgniddaw Derf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 22 February 18 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazzaca. Thanks for that photo.  Brilliant.

I have found this posting elsewhere.  It would seem that younger Elizabeth Alice may have died before they came out to N.Z. in August 1863.  Having said that, she is named on the British Crown manifest as being 1 year old in 1863???

Hi there

According to a family tree my father did, Joseph Drabble's son, Joseph, was born on 13 November 1837. He married Jane Maxwell in 1857 and died on 3 Sept 1915.

They had 7 children.
Sarah Jane 1858
Elizabeth Alice 1861(died 1862)
Elizabeth Alice 1864
Thomas Henry 1866
Jane 1869
Hannah 1873 (my great-great grandmother)
Joseph 1875

The first two children were born in Liverpool and then they came out to New Zealand on the British Crown, arriving 16 August 1863.

The older Joseph (b. 1813) and his wife Catherine, came to NZ on 27 Dec 1874 onboard the Geraldine Paget. Joseph died on 11 March 1889 and Catherine died on 24 Feb 1889.

My public tree is fredwad

Offline Mahgniddaw Derf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 February 18 14:28 GMT (UK) »
George Woolley who married Catherine Drabble, daughter of J & C who emigrated to NZ