Author Topic: Sybil Price - Glasbury  (Read 7798 times)

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
Sybil Price - Glasbury
« on: Saturday 31 July 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
I would be really grateful if someone could look up the baptism of Sybil Price for me.

She was born abt 1816 in Glasbury and her father was William Price. Any info would be very welcome.

Thank you :)

Elin
Foxwell (Wotton Under Edge and South Wales), Howell (Stroud & Wotton Under Edge), Jones (South Wales) Merrigan (Liverpool), Kelly (Liverpool) Titley (Lincolnshire and Staffordshire)  Hellier (Somerset and Monmouthshire)           All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline martin price

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sybil Price - Glasbury
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 July 11 23:25 BST (UK) »
hi, i think we may be able to help, we have Price family members coming from Glasbury - a Hugh Price from Glasbury in 1701 married a Margaret Lewis,, and moved to Llandeilo Graban, !! - near by, if you want to get in touch, we may have details for you

many thanks

martin price

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your message and welcome to RootsChat!!

In the 1851 Census Sybil gives her birth as 1816 Glasbury. She married William Francis a carpenter from Fishguard, in Bedwelty in 1838 and her father William is shown on the certificate as a carpenter. 

Sybil died in 1851 in Tredegar.  That's all I have on her.

I would be delighted to receive any information!! :)

Many thanks

Elin

Foxwell (Wotton Under Edge and South Wales), Howell (Stroud & Wotton Under Edge), Jones (South Wales) Merrigan (Liverpool), Kelly (Liverpool) Titley (Lincolnshire and Staffordshire)  Hellier (Somerset and Monmouthshire)           All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 July 11 12:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

I would love to hear from you!!  I have tried to message you but as you haven't made three posts then I don't think that you will have received it.  :(

Elin

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 July 11 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi elin,

There is this possibility for Sybils Parents and/or Father;
Under PIZER in 1851 and they are in Glous;

1851 Census
3 Tower Hill,
Bristol Castle Precincts,
Gloucestershire
HO107/1948/325/40
William PRICE, 56, Head, Mar, Carpenter, born Glasbury, Radnorshire
Maria, 47, Wife, Mar, born Corkumpton, Devon
Gwynn, 24, Son, Unm, Accountant
Alfred, 19, Son, Unm, Smith
Edwin, 14, Son, Porter
Mary Ann, 14, Daug, Scholar
Allice, 12, Daug, Scholar
Fredrick, 10, Son, Scholar
All Children born Bristol

1841 Census they are in Bedminster, Somerset;
HO107/1376/1/bedminster
Wm PRICE, 40, Carpenter
Maria, 30
Gwynn, 14
William, 12
Alfred, 10
Edwin, 8
Mary, 6
Alice, 4
Fred, 5mths
They all say they are born in Somerset!

Maybe just a Red Herring but it is the only William Price, born Wales, that I can find that is a Carpenter.
Given the age of Maria she may be a Second Wife for Willliam and not Sybils Mother if indeed this is the correct William.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline elin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Madisaurus Vex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 July 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

Thank you, this is definitely a possibility worth looking into! Maria would be too young to be Sybil's mother I think, but could be her stepmother.

Do you mean they were under the name Pizer in 1851, a mistranscription?

It's good to have a line of investigation with this one because I am so stuck with it.  Even if it is incorrect it gets me moving again!

Elin  :)

Found it on Ancestry under Pizer, thanks! :)