Author Topic: Beriah Gwynfe Evans  (Read 5617 times)

Offline MairTee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beriah Gwynfe Evans
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 August 10 22:14 BST (UK) »
BGE was my great grand-father.  His daughter, Elizabeth Mary, was my grand-mother.

Offline catgog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Mair Tee!

You may have already made the connection, but I think I have already been in contact with you. I am researching into Beriah's Plays and their copyrights. Gadget was kind enough to help me discover who were Beriah's children! I'm sure you find this site very useful for discovering more about your family history!

Catgog

Offline Uskite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 April 16 13:10 BST (UK) »
I have only just come across this site. I wonder whether you still want information about Nellie Myfanwy Evans , daughter of Beriah? I am Nellie's granddaughter and would be happy to tell you what I know. She has 5 grand children and we are all still alive (at the moment!).

Offline MairTee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 April 16 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Uskite.  It's possible we may have been in touch before now regarding our great grandfather, Beriah Evans.  This earlier request (2010) via Rootschat was linked to one I had at the time from someone at a Welsh University wanting to include some of Beriah's writings in a syllabus.

I've been researching family history for around 15 years.  My father (Emrys Beriah Thomas) died in 1997 after his 3 siblings, so that I have no direct source of information from the family except a few papers and photos.  I am unsure the details I have about his aunt Nellie's side - children and grandchildren - are accurate but perhaps you can help.

If you are also researching family history, I'd be happy to let you have any information I've collected.  We are of course second cousins.  My 2 sisters are still alive.

In 2010 another second cousin - granddaughter of (Ivan) Myrddin Evans, the youngest of Beriah's children - contacted me but we were both too busy at the time to continue to keep in touch!

Offline Uskite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 April 16 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Mair!
thank you for getting back to me so quickly - isn't modern technology wonderful!
are you on Ancestry (I expect so)? if so, you should be able to see my tree on that. If not, let me know what info you would like.
My husband is currently preparing a talk for the National Eisteddfod (which, I am sure you know is in Abergavenny this year) on Beriah and his novel 'Dafydd Dafis'. We are going to Nat Lib in Aberystwyth  at the end of the month to try to consult some family papers. I would really like some photos of Nellie (and Timothy) when they were younger as I don't have any. Sadly my mother dies more than 50 years ago and , of course, I didn't take any interest in family when I was younger. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Carys

Offline MairTee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 30 September 17 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Uskite!

I'm so sorry I didn't respond to your post of April 17 about your husband's talk on Beriah but have only just come across it while browsing this site for the first time in months.  Possibly I overlooked the usual message alert due to several health problems in 2016 and too many other issues.  Anyway, despite my rudeness in not replying, I hope you found some useful material at the NLW and the talk went well.  I have a large photo of Beriah and Anne with their 8 children, taken possibly in the mid to late 1890s.  And another, even larger, taken outside the family home, Pen-y-Bryn, on the occasion of Bronwen's (Nellie's sister's) wedding in Dec 1910.  Nellie (aged about 25) was one of 2 bridesmaids - in a wonderful hat and with a huge bouquet!  That's the only photo I have which includes Timothy.  If you'd like them, I'd be very happy to send you a copy of both.

I'm also hoping to resurrect my family history searching again this winter so may want to ask you for missing details!

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 March 18 05:47 BST (UK) »
Just a thought...

Gwynfe is a hamlet in Carmarthenshire between Brynamman and LLangadog. Maybe the origin of his middle name?

Some of actress Sian Phillips' ancestors come from there.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f