Author Topic: MacPherson  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Te Aumihi Macpherson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MacPherson
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 08:13 BST (UK) »
Kia ora my name is Te Aumihi Mapherson I come across your conversation as I was also looking for information on my  gg.grandparents Mariana Te Oha and and John Macpherson...my g.grandparents are John Koa Macherson who married Rangikahiwa Macpherson(nee Marino) they had 9 kids. The youngest was my grandfarther Frank Macpherson.my father's name is Lance Marino John Macherson...ive just red these conversations to my parents who might be able to help with a few things... My dad says our kuia Mariana Te Oha was born on an island here in Rotorua called    Mokoia island (Te motu tapu A Tinirau )..we also attended the Macpherson reunion a few years back and met a lot of family 😊 looking forward to hearing from you all

Offline mahtalr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 August 18 23:43 BST (UK) »
Tena ra koe Te Aumihi. Your koro, Uncle frank and my koro Hugh are brothers. give my regards to Lance haven't seen him for a while. and to the rest of the whanau.you were very little when I last saw you when I used to visit aunty Mabel
enjoy your time with whanau searching Te Aumihi

arohanui

Latham Rodgers

Offline Balerno

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 July 20 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Te Tarata

I was very excited to come across your message re the circa 1879 photograph in the collection of National Library of NZ, titled 'Portrait of John MacPherson's two daughters'
Elizabeth Macpherson is my great grandmother and I'd love any information and photos I can get about her.
I will contact the art gallery as you suggest.
I'm also very interested in finding out more about Elizabeth's husband my great grandfather George Pratt

Offline LCR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 January 23 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Tena koe.
John macpherson is my great grandfather. I remember your grandfather Claude Pratt visiting my mother several times in 70s and 80s just before he died.
Wonderful photo of Elizabeth, such a pity she died so young. I have visited her grave in Gisborne. I have some information in regards to George Pratt who was a Maori interpreter in Gisborne than in Wanganui where he died
Much regards
LCR