Author Topic: Campbells, Evishnablay, Glenravel..Carey, Mc Mullan,Mc Allister  (Read 3769 times)

Offline cazzy1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Campbells, Evishnablay, Glenravel..Carey, Mc Mullan,Mc Allister
« on: Thursday 05 August 10 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hi looking for any information on the Campbell family. Michael Campbell my great grandfather Married Susannah Carey in about 1887. she was born 1863 She died in 1926 her mother was Margaret Carey nee McMullan and her parents Alex McMullan and Margaret Mc Allister.
I have the 1901 and 1911 census .
I have no idea about Michael Campbell or his parents/ancestors, any help anywhere would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ;) Cazzy1
LYONS; Ballintober, County Mayo
CAMPBELL; Glenravel, County Antrim

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Campbells, Evishnablay, Glenravel..Carey, Mc Mullan,Mc Allister
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 August 10 05:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    The father's name was Archibald Campbell but I cannot find the mother's name.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline cazzy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 August 10 05:30 BST (UK) »
Thats fantastic Kings, really appreciate it...i'll get onto it now!

Offline Niamhcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 May 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Cazzy, if you are still looking, I can help you with your an estor Margaret Carey nee McMullan. She was the twins sister of my gt grandmother. I won't write more just now, as I don't know how old your post was, but have more info if you want it.
Niamhcara

Offline cazzy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 May 17 01:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Niamh,
Thanks for your reply. Very interested in infomation with our family, especially Margaret Carey.  I havn't looked into the ancestors for quite awhile. However any info is greatly appreciated. I had to re join this site so i could answer you, thats how long it has been. I did not know she had a twin sister so you have already surprised me. I have a photo that i am not sure if it is Margaret or not, not sure if i attach it you would able to tell.
Anyway i look forward to you sharing your knowledge on the family.
Thanks
Caz

Offline Niamhcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 May 17 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hello again Cazzy, just to say great to hear from you, I am snowed under here for a day or 2 but WILL get back to you. Not literally snow as I live in Oz.😊

Offline Niamhcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 02:24 BST (UK) »
I still am rushed for time here, so will not be able to access my notes for a day or 2. But I remember the following, that my gt grandmother Catherine McMullan Scullion was your Margaret's sister. I noticed they had the same birthdates, otherwise no mention of twins.
Tho Catherine herself had twin girls, as did one of her Scullion Grandsons, and 3 different family gt grandaughters, always girls, and now another pair of girls in this new generation.
Catherine married Michael Scullion in Glenravel approx 1865 and had 6 children, still living with her son John in the 1901 census I think...maybe Crooknahai. Her son James married Mary ann McQuillan and had 9 children, then tragically died of the Spanish flu leaving her with this young family.
one of their sons, John, was my father.Most of them are listed in the 1911 census. They mistakenly label the Glenravel area as Crumlin which is over 40 miles away. Simply because of a little 6 house Non Catholic village up in the hills called Newton Crommelin after the founder...rather than include an 'Irish name' ..those were the days!So do not let that confuse you with the census.!
Catherine's mother was McAllister, maybe Susanna...will look it up, and her father was I think Alex  McMullan. He was the son or grandson of Ephraim McMullan who came over to Glenravel from Armoy or Loughguile and had 3 sons John Alex and maybe Eneas. If you contact Susan Gingras, she has done a magnificent Glenravel family tree and is always happy to give access...Glenravel Historical Society. The family tree of these McMullans is there. All for now😊

Offline cazzy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 31 May 17 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Niamh,
Thanks for all the info. I actually am a member of the Glenravel site. Have not accessed it for years. I let my membership drop, when i went back to work. However i just checked and saw i could get back on it.Thanks for the reminder.
I havn't chased this side of the family  for a long time. Even when i was in Northern Ireland last time 2013 i did not go to proni.
i had a big giggle when you said you are in Oz. I live in Victoria.(Typical Irish living all around the world) If i have worked it out correctly are you Moira and live in Port Hedland? If not i have terrible trouble working out my ancestors/relatives. My Brother Desmond spoke to Sis McCann when he went over back in the 70's are you her niece? Sis was a great friend/cousin of my nan's sister aunt Brigid.
Anyway i will chat later. I have work tomorrow then I'm off to Cairns for the weekend. I would love to learn more about the relatives, if that is ok with you  This is my email address(*) . Dont worry if you wish not to use my email or feel you have not much to tell, i am very grateful already for the info and starting me up again with searching about this side of my family.
Thanks Caz

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Niamhcara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 11 June 17 07:30 BST (UK) »
I am not sure if I spelt your email address  correctly when I replied, but if you received my emails that is fine.
I went back here to Geni to check it from your last message but they had removed it.