Author Topic: John Stanley EXELL  (Read 6149 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Stanley EXELL
« Reply #45 on: Friday 08 September 17 05:52 BST (UK) »
Do you know any way to look for birth records in Victoria that are not on the BDM site?

All births registered in Victoria are recorded on the Victorian BDM site even those who were foundlings or parents unknown.

Cando
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 08 September 17 08:37 BST (UK) »
At that time didn't know his DOB was just a stab in the dark. But you know they could be related.

I just had a look at the cemetery record and just noticed that under the site record tab it has
Nunn, William John   Date of Death 10/06/1935.

It might be a coincidence but just going to put it out there... could this be his father?

I really don't see how William John NUNN born 1880 could be John Stanley EXELL's father ::).

Cando

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 08 September 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Also while I'm thinking about it Venetia Alice's death notice in the newspaper was under the surname 'Cattlemole' I wasn't able to find a marriage for her under that name. Are you able to confirm that she remarried?

Thank you

Could you transcribe Venetia's death notice please or even better post the link to the notice. 

Cando

I wasn't able to find the article just through http://ryersonindex.org

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 09 September 17 00:13 BST (UK) »
Venetia Alice is mentioned on Harry CATTERMOLE and his first wife's headstone at Box Hill Cemetery.  You may like it for you family tree.

May I suggest that you spend some time searching on TROVE for EXELL and EXCELL in Tasmania. I did find an article where a Mr J EXELL was mentioned as making clothes for a fancy dress event at Stanley.  Perhaps his mother/parents moved to Tasmania ie if he was born at Brighton, Vic.

Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 09 September 17 00:43 BST (UK) »
Marriage certificate, Stanley, Tasmania, 1903..........what names do you see for witnesses?

This is another avenue for you to explore.  Good suggestion wivenhoe :)

http://www.justice.tas.gov.au/bdm/how_to_apply_for_a_certificate

Cando