Author Topic: Help, where do I go from here???? next instalment!!  (Read 9568 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help, where do I go from here???? next instalment!!
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 21:22 BST (UK) »
I agree too. Nice to have it confirmed by the certificates. It's useful there was the uncommon name Astley.

Elsie S Rees & Ronald P Norton married in Bristol 1938 Q3 6a 534. They must have been divorced within a very few years if Elsie married again in 1943. Was this unusual at that time?
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 21:58 BST (UK) »
I would have assumed it was but we all know what to assume does to us all!!!!!! I haven't come across this before!!

suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 22:07 BST (UK) »
It appears then that the 3rd child of Ellen Mount & Terry A Seymour was born in 1944 after he married Elsie Norton nee Rees. And the first in 1935 only 5 years after Ellen Mount married Frederick Wells.

Was Terry named as father on any or all 3 birth certificates?

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 22:21 BST (UK) »
As far as I know Terry was named as the father of all 3 boys, I did say there was a secret involved, my friend's dad, the last boy born still had him as his father!!!
To be honest this started as a bit of fun, she knew there was a family secret which her Uncle who only passed away recently knew the answer to, the younger brothers knew nothing, her dad being the youngest and still living!!!
Not sure if the Ellen I'm looking for was the one who married Frederick Wells
My friend told me when we started this that her grandad was Terry Ashley Seymour and her Uncle born in 1935 was named after his father, I will contact her again to see what she has found out!!

Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline serenemoon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 14 December 10 10:18 GMT (UK) »
I can tell you quite alot about ellen jane mount as she was my aunt and I am in touch with Mr seymour in usa I to am trying to unravel their story for myself and my cousin and Mr Seymour if you would like to email please look for me under suemount21 on ancestry I would like to be able to help. it may help to know there are two ellen jane mounts my auntie jin was named after her fathers sister and both of them married a frederick wells first time round not the same one though. my aunts nickname as a baby was jennie and her aunt ellen was known as janey. just in case there is any confusion regarding children ellen jane senior first married thomas hosmer mannering he died she then married frederick wells and went on to have two more children louisa and elsie, these were her last children as she was in her late 40's then. I am also in touch with ellen seniors grandaughter. hope all this helps

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 14 December 10 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I think it is your cousin I started this search for!!!!!!!!!
I have tried to find you on ancestry but to no avail, do you know where I seach?  I would love to know more, your cousin has told me some info!!!!!
many thanks
Suziq

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 18 December 10 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello serenemoon and a warm welcome to RootsChat.

If you make 2 more posts here, even to simply say 'hi' you will be able to communicate with suziq through the private message (PM) system here on RootsChat. This is accomplished by clicking on the green scroll under a poster's name. That way you could exchange e-mail addresses privately if you so desire. They are not permitted to be posted on this public part of the forum.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Kirsten Friis Holm Hawkes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 17 September 17 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have that 1908 marriage certificate
She was born Vera Eva Wenman Hughes 1888. Father Joseph Henry Hughes. I have located his marriage to Alice Eliza Martin.
I am trying to find out more about the Husband of Vera, Ernest Walter Seymour (according to this marriage certificate , his father is George Seymour artish, portrait.
I am wondering if this is George Langford Seymour or George L Seymour, the famous artist.