Author Topic: Willmore - Flitton, Silsoe Bedfordshire  (Read 5759 times)

Offline willmoreh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Willmore - Flitton, Silsoe Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 October 17 22:18 BST (UK) »
There is a George Wilmore christened 22 Feb 1719 in Flitton w Silsoe.  Parents listed as John Wilmore and Elizabeth.  Could be the same George who died at "age 94" in 1805.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 12:02 BST (UK) »
Yes I agree willmoreh about that Georges Baptism but it was 22 Feb 1718/9 to JN/ELIZ

I was trying to point out that Eliz is likely Alice and has been transcribed incorrectly.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline WillmoreE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 October 20 20:40 BST (UK) »
@Flickw

Greetings from the US!

In a quest to continue the family history research my father began many years ago, I happened upon your post.  From afar, it appears that maybe you are a descendent of Gregory Willmore who married Jane Torr and is the son of Benjamin Willmore (Gregory and Jane ended up in South Africa).  If this is the case, we are from the same line of Willmores!  If not, at the very least, you might have some additional information beyond what I have.  My father's research ends at Benjamin's father John Willmore.  From what I can gather from this forum you started, it seems like your information goes farther back.  I would love to discuss this with you if you have some time.

Sincerely,
Edwin Willmore

Offline flickw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 October 20 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Edwin,
How interesting! My husband is a descendant of Gregory & Jane via Charles Arthur. Could you give me your lineage from Benjamin? Am so curious. If you wouldn't mind giving me an e-mail address I'll send you the family pages as I have them. HOWEVER please use these only as a starting point for your research. I have so often taken info from well-meaning folk, only to find that their research has been skewed at some point. Would hate you to take my info as 'gospel' when it could as easily be incorrect.
Rgds
Flick

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 09 October 20 09:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Edwin.

If you make 2 more posts on this query the PM system activates and you can exchange email addresses with Flick.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline flickw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 October 20 10:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish - clearly missed that part of the small print!!

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 October 20 11:57 BST (UK) »
Your welcome :)

Offline WillmoreE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 09 October 20 13:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish and Flick! The rest of my family here in the US will be so excited!  I’ll make another post so we can exchange info more easily.

Edwin

Offline WillmoreE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 09 October 20 13:16 BST (UK) »
It blows my mind to think of all the history and the things our ancestors did and here we are, meeting distant family from around the world!  I’m very excited to see where this takes me!

Edwin