Author Topic: Look up please - tandragee church graveyard  (Read 10489 times)

Offline norbunt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please - tandragee church graveyard
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 August 10 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi LH.

This is exciting. Margaret Warren is my great grandmother. I thought I had hit a brick wall with her. Now I can make more progress. Thank you very much. There are such clever people using this site!  Thank you so much for this.

Norbunt.  :) :)
Paternal : Norris, Craig, Erwin, McCorkell
Maternal : Bunting, Castles, Stevenson, Warren, McKenna

Offline rob1234567

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Sorry, this is a slightly sideways comment.

My surname is Castles, and it was once said in our family, that we are related to Robert Louis Stevenson (the famous author).

I noticed you have Castles and Stevenson in your family tree, and I know it's a long shot, but is this something you've ever heard yourself?

Thanks

Offline norbunt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob 1234567.  Thanks for your query. I have had a quick look at the website for Robert Louis Stevenson but I can't see anything that would indicate a link to my tree. I haven't got much info on my Elizabeth Stevenson who was born about 1845, shortly before RLS but I haven't heard anything about a connection to him from my family. I will bear it in mind though.  Interesting.

Regards
Norbunt  :) :)

Offline Karen Lynch Macdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 February 16 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norbunt,
I am hoping that you may still be active on this forum.

I too am descendant from James Castles and Margaret Warren.

Hoping you are interested in connecting?

Regards
Karen.
Lynch, Castles, Warren, Barrett, Duke, Hesse, Zahl, Schindel, Dau, Pfeffer, Macdonald, Cooke, Duncombe, Greenwood

Offline norbunt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 February 16 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Karen.  I haven't been on the site for a long time but am still registered so I was sent a link to your message.  I haven't looked at my tree for ages but if I can help you I will get my files out of the attic.  Where do you fit into the tree?  What country are you in? UK? I noticed your post was in the middle of the night so possibly abroad? 
Norbunt  :) :)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 February 16 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norbunt,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am a descendant of Margeret Warren and James Castles via their son Thomas. Thomas Castles has incorrectly been recorded in some family trees as travelling to Africa. His sister Letitia also came to Australia.

I live in Australia.

I am trying to track the Warren family as my Aunts and Unlces have relayed stories of a grand Aunt and a grandfather and grandmother Warren here in Australia.

I have managed to to track the grand aunt in Australia, who was Mary Warren. The Australian records do not give her mother's name only that her father was Thomas Warren.

I have looked at the information for the Tullyheron Warren's mentioned in this thread but have only just begun to put them all together to try and find the link between Mary and Margaret Warren.

Happy to share what information I have.
Lynch, Castles, Warren, Barrett, Duke, Hesse, Zahl, Schindel, Dau, Pfeffer, Macdonald, Cooke, Duncombe, Greenwood

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The Margaret Warren (who married James Castles) was the daughter of Thomas Warren and Jane Browne.  This couple had ten children, including another daughter Mary, who married twice.

Is this the Mary you are referring to?  Her married name would have been Johnston and later Bull.

Cheers

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 12:40 GMT (UK) »
The Thomas I referred to earlier was a brother of Matthew Warren.  Matthew's daughter Letitia Warren (Margaret's first cousin) married Charles Johnston of Sydney.

Cheers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 February 16 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The Mary Warren I have came to Australia and married men named Woods and Champion. One of her  marriage cents and her death record give her father as Thomas Warren.

My G grandfather was the son of Margaret Warren and James Castles. His daughter, my grandmother, knew Mary as Grand Aunty Champion. My grandmother had also mentioned a grandfather and grandmother Warren who were also in Australia.

I am trying to find the connection between Mary Champion (née Warren) and my great grandfather.

Of course, they may have just been close family friends and the fact that her maiden name was Warren is purely coincidence!

Letitia Castles, sister to Thomas, also came to Australia and married Skittrall. I have traced her family pretty much as far as i can.