Author Topic: Foster of Darlaston  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Nurmal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Foster of Darlaston
« on: Monday 09 August 10 08:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Miriam Foster.  She is known as Miriam, Midiam and Midey.  She was born in Darlaston in 1877 and her father Joseph is shown as a coal miner on the marriage certificate.
I cannot find a close match on the 1881 census in any of her names or for a Joseph with a daughter of the appropriate age.
In 1991 she turns up as a servant in the household of Fanny Addy (misspelt as Fanney) in the Barnsley Yorkshire area. 
Most Family trees have her marrying Albert (b 1869) the son of Fanny.  She did marry an Albert (b 1872) but he was Fanny's nephew.  She also turns up on a few family trees but these have the wrong father shown.  The marriage was in Dec 1892 and on her wedding certificate she uses the name Midiam and becomes Midiam Addy.  It seems that she married a few weeks after her 16th birthday but says she is 18 on the certificate.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Foster of Darlaston
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 August 10 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hello,

There is a Madeline Foster with grandparents -Duffield
1881 RG11; Piece: 2819; Folio: 52; Page: 34

In 1871 RG10; Piece: 2956; Folio: 68; Page: 22 there is a daughter Miriam Duffield 18yrs.

Having difficulty finding her after this.
There is a Miriam Foster birth 1877 Walsall reg. district.

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Betty

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Foster of Darlaston
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 March 15 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Did you find anything further about Miriam Foster?  She is my great grandma and I'm afraid other family members have also drawn a blank.

Thanks

RB