Author Topic: adelaide family McINTYRE  (Read 23965 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: adelaide family McINTYRE
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 01 October 17 03:09 BST (UK) »
Dave, after you make one more post you can use the personal message facility on this site. Just click on the little SIM card looking symbol, to the left, under the person's name of whom you wish to PM.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 01 October 17 03:41 BST (UK) »
Dave, you have sent the message to me instead of U106.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 01 October 17 03:43 BST (UK) »
Dave, you need to make another post here before you are able to receive personal messages.

Jamjar

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 01 October 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I let me send a message so I just guess it was all good..

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 01 October 17 04:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I let me send a message so I just guess it was all good..

Yes, it surprised me, also, that you were able to send one.

Jamjar

Offline U106

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 01 October 17 04:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave. Sorry, but this is the first time I've heard that Elsie had a daughter by Richard and that her name was Marion Elizabeth Hart. Time wise it would fit very neatly though. My mother doesn't know of her, whereas she spoke of Colin, her eldest brother who was a drover (as were my maternal uncles, grandfather and great grandfather and his brothers and their father etc). Colin died after being kicked in the stomach by a horse on 21October 1957 in Broken Hill. I therefore assume that Marion died as a child. Regards Steve.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 05 October 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
Elsie and Richard did divorce NSW: 935/1935 Divorce Papers Elsie Agnes Maud Hart - Richard Cecil Hart

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/1153624

Jamjar

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 05 October 17 10:28 BST (UK) »
Elsie and Richard did divorce NSW: 935/1935 Divorce Papers Elsie Agnes Maud Hart - Richard Cecil Hart

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/1153624

Jamjar

Thats incredible you found that. I looked and nothing.

I dont spose you have any idea what happened to Marion Elizabeth Hart, their child. I couldnt find any records of her death, only her birth in QLD 1914 - QLD BDM Reg No: C13265

Offline U106

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 07 October 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi, good work on finding the divorce for Richard and Elsie Hart née McIntyre in 1935. I've ordered a copy and if anyone is interested I can email a copy out when I receive it in the post. Elsie's partner William Bonney was listed on his military service records for WWII as being single when he re-enlisted at the beginning of the war and was stated as being married with children at the end of the war. However, I have not been able to find any evidence of them being married in SA and I think I remember drawing a blank when searching NSW registry records some years ago now, but she and the children started using the surname Bonney from then on. Therefore, I'm not sure if they did in fact get married during the war or were happy to stay in a defacto relationship.