Author Topic: MORRIS b. 1930s West Ham  (Read 2758 times)

Offline addison john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MORRIS b. 1930s West Ham
« on: Wednesday 11 August 10 07:07 BST (UK) »
Seeking information on William Frank MORRIS and Mary Charlotte MORRIS,b. 1930s West Ham,  children of Frank MORRIS and Blanche CRAWFORD.

I am descended from Blanche's brother, David Bennett CRAWFORD, and correspond regularly with descendants of her other brother, William Robert CRAWFORD.  I would like to know if I have other cousins!  Our Crawford ancestry is well researched back to Greenock, Renfrewshire

Regards,
Virginia
Byrne (Dublin), Cheetham (Todmorden), Crawford (Greenock),  Fielden (Todmorden), Quick (Devon, Uplowman), Watts (Cambridge), Williams (Glamorgan)

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MORRIS b. 1930s West Ham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 17:55 BST (UK) »
Virginia,
Without certificates it's a long shot. Mary Charlotte was born 1932 West Ham as was her brother in 1930. A Mary C Morris married an Andrew N Edwards March 1/4 1970 Camarthen and died as Mary Charlotte Edwards aged 60 June 1992 Slough. Her date of birth given as 3.6.1932. Birth certificate would confirm.
There is a William F Morris sailing from Southampton 1948 to the USA with a birth year 1930. Cannot find a UK death for a William Frank-may still be alive.

John

Offline dorothybennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 10 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

I am Virginia's sister and newer to this than she is!  Thanks for the reply.  I have birth certificates and all dates and names match.  So perhaps cousin William Morris settled in USA?  I will work on Mary Charlotte's possible descendants, as our other cousins in LOndon would be pleased to find them.

Regards,
Jo

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 10 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo,
Glad the dates worked out. There are a couple of births in the Camarthen registration dist where Mary married with the surname Edwards and mothers maiden name Morris. It is not the practice of rc's to post names of possible living people online so could send you a pm when you have made 3 postings yourself.

Cheers

John

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 October 10 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Send PM to Jo re possible relative in 192.com :)

Offline dorothybennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 October 10 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks "morganllan"  for PM, which I'll attempt to follow up.  Still new to doing research via computer.  You might even get a smiley some time.

Regards,  Jo