Author Topic: Missing in 1881 - Tathams of Poplar COMPLETED THANK YOU!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
Missing in 1881 - Tathams of Poplar COMPLETED THANK YOU!
« on: Wednesday 11 August 10 13:57 BST (UK) »
Trying (yet again) to tidy up my scribbled notes, and correlate them with info gleaned from Ancestry ... however I've discovered I have no 1881 Census record of gt gt grandfather Robert Gordon Tatham b. Poplar 1829 and his 2nd wife Ann Leadley Tatham (nee Mackwood) b. Scarborough Yorkshire 1840, ... nor of his two daughters, Alice Emma (b. Poplar 1858) and Elizabeth Jane (b. Poplar 1861)!

{RGT's son Christopher Robert is in the 1881 - lodging with the Pilbeam family while he attended Cambridge.}

RGT and Annie married in Scarborough in 1878 ... is it illogical to wonder whether they could all have been travelling overseas at the time of the 1881?  I've found no record of that, either, in Ancestry.

Can anyone see them, hiding somewhere?

???
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing in 1881 - Tathams of Poplar
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 14:19 BST (UK) »
Have you tried Latham as the surname? Was Robert a doctor, there is this family;
Robert L. Latham     51
Ann L. Latham    40
Alice Latham    22
Elizabeth Latham    19
2 Montague Place Poplar
RG11 Piece: 509 Folio: 13 Page: 19

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
Re: Missing in 1881 - Tathams of Poplar COMPLETED THANK YOU!
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 14:21 BST (UK) »
Ohhhh thank you, stan!  I thought I was going loopy(er)!

Will get a copy of that one for the collection, next time I get to the library!

:-*
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline LyndallMc

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing in 1881 - Tathams of Poplar COMPLETED THANK YOU!
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deb,
I have been reading with interest your research on Dr Robert Gordon Tatham.  My mothers father was Archibald Frederick Tatham the son of Christopher Robert Tatham.  His father was Dr Robert Gordon Tatham, a fact that you probably already know.  I was wondering if we are related somehow as Dr Robert Gordon Tatham was also my great great grandfather.
Kind Regards,
Lyndall