Author Topic: Stevenson's from Bannockburn  (Read 74287 times)

Offline Chris9647

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stevenson's from Bannockburn
« Reply #108 on: Monday 28 July 14 16:23 BST (UK) »
I am still trying to locate my great grandmothers family that were supposedly from Bannockburn.  Story goes that Isabella Stevenson was born 20 September 1852 (give or take a few years) in Bannockburn.  We have her father’s name as John but no verification of that, no name for mother.  She migrated to the US according to our US Census is 1867-8 and was married in Will County, Illinois in 1870 to James Baird.  She had a nephew named William Bruce that was born in Illinois but keep coming to dead ends. I know that isn’t much information but any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Christy Baird

Offline Chris9647

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 28 July 14 16:26 BST (UK) »
I am still trying to locate my great grandmothers family that were supposedly from Bannockburn.  Story goes that Isabella Stevenson was born 20 September 1852 (give or take a few years) in Bannockburn.  We have her father’s name as John but no verification of that, no name for mother.  She migrated to the US according to our US Census is 1867-8 and was married in Will County, Illinois in 1870 to James Baird.  She had a nephew named William Bruce that was born in Illinois but keep coming to dead ends. I know that isn’t much information but any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Christy Baird

Offline Mrs. BT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 13:29 BST (UK) »
To Chris9647. I have had a look for a possible father and mother for Isabella b1852 and have found 13 in St.Ninians,Stirling with marriage date just before she was born.
Alexander Stevenson + Isabella marr.12 Oct. 1845;
Alexander Stevenson + Margaret Ogilvie 7 Mar.1847;
David Stevenson + Janet 29 Sept. 1850;
Francis Stevenson + Janet Miller 19th Jan. 1845;
James Stevenson + Margaret Forsyth 22nd Mar. 1846;
James Stevenson + Margaret Gillespie 26th Apr. 1846;
John Stevenson + Isabella Cowan 29th Jun. 1851;
Moses Stevenson + Janet Gardner 15th Sept. 1850;
Nicol Stevenson +Elizabeth Johnston 5th Jan. 1851;
Robert Stevenson + Agnes Williamson 16th Sept. 1849;
Robert Stevenson + Elizabeth 3rd Feb. 1850;
Robert Stevenson + Margaret Richardson 10th Nov. 1850;
William Stevenson + Isabella Dick 4th Jan. 1846.
May help you if you can find a passenger list of immigrants with any of these names.
Good luck,Jim.
Hi, William Stevenson & Isabella Dick were my 2x Gr. Grandparents. Their daughter Isabella m Robert Taylor. Fanny Bar Taylor & Stewart Houston Inglis with their daughter came to Australia in 1912. Isabella being my mum. Would really like to make contact with any or all re information.
Kind Regards
Bev

Offline pwl1951

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 16 November 14 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Laird was born on 27 July 1864 at Carronhall, Larbert. Her father was Charles Laird and her mother Elizabeth Mitchell who were married in Falkirk on 2 June 1837.
McIntyre/Fraser/McLachlan/Lister/Ferguson/Murray/Muir/Blackwood/Hutchison/Cochrane/Craig/Calderwood/McIntosh/Collie/Dott

Offline Mrs. BT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 17 November 14 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Christy Baird

Chrissy,
I have a Isabella Stevenson born abt 1853 Bannockburn
Death 17 July 1910 in 37 Kilnside Road, Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
Daughter  of  William Stevenson & Isabella  Dick.
She married 31 Decenber 1874 Robert Taylor
Children - Isabella, Catherine, James, Fanny Barr (Grandmother) Margaret, Mary, William, Janet & Robert
Bev

Offline Eric8751

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 22 December 15 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone
I'm new to this forum and to researching the Stevenson Family Tree in general. My grandfather  John Stevenson was born 1899 in Plean in 1899 and was a son of Mary Crawford and David Eadie Stevenson, son of Elizabeth Johnston and Nicol Stevenson, son of Isabella Miller (possibly Millar) and William Stevenson, son of Hamilton Andrew and Robert Stevenson who were married 31 August 1783 according to parish records.  I have no other details for Robert Stevenson and my Stevenson family tree research stops with him. By chance, I came across this thread and very interesting it is indeed.  I would like to know when Robert was born, when he died, who his parents were, who his brothers and sisters were and in general, if anyone has Stevenson Family Tree information beyond Robert Stevenson ie how far back has anyone been able to trace this line.  I would be grateful for any help and advice you can give me.

Thanks and regards

Eric8751   

Offline Treeophyte

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Saturday 09 April 16 21:55 BST (UK) »
Perhaps I've missed the information, but I haven't seen anything additional on the ancestors of Alexander STEVENSON (1806) and Janet Eva CAMPBELL (1807), married perhaps on 22 Apr 1832. 

I'm trying to make a solid connection to Robert STEVENSON (1827) who was married to Jessie Brodie McINTOSH (1832) on 4 Apr 1958, and then on to the rest of my Stevenson tree (Tilbury East Ontario, Highland Park Michigan).  Has anyone been able to bridge this generation? 

Offline Fibrokitty

• RootsChat Member
  • Who will tell your story when you're gone?
    • View Profile
Wilson/ Stevenson of Bannockburn
« Reply #115 on: Thursday 29 December 16 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone! Does anybody have any information on a Joseph WILSON who married a Janet STEVENSON / HART (Stevenson being maiden name, Hart  from marriage to John HART who died overseas). Together they had one son in 1924 named Joseph WILSON and Janet was originally from Bannockburn and resided in Sink cottage as a girl. I have got quite a lot of information for Janet but I cannot get further as of yet for Joseph WILSON other than a name. My father in law can remember he worked in the mines and was a keen fisherman who also got into the local newspaper due to fishing, from Janet's age I speculate he was born between 1880 and 1890. I would love to get back to the last census he was in.Any help will be greatly appreciated by the Wilson family!

Threads merged.
Banks
Atherton
Yates
Pearson
Gorringe
Young
Dickinson
Bowling
Briscoe

Offline Fibrokitty

• RootsChat Member
  • Who will tell your story when you're gone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Thursday 29 December 16 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Wow the information and pictures on this thread is amazing  :D
My partner is related to the STEVENSON family through Janet STEVENSON ( William Stevenson and Mary FORSYTHS daughter.) Janet Married a Joseph WILSON and I cannot find any information about him, has anybody had a dabble on Janet's marriages at all? They had a son in 1924 named Joseph which is my partners grandad, I would love to get further to find out where the Wilson's came from.
Banks
Atherton
Yates
Pearson
Gorringe
Young
Dickinson
Bowling
Briscoe