Author Topic: Stevenson's from Bannockburn  (Read 74254 times)

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
Re: Stevenson's from Bannockburn
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 13 February 11 20:41 GMT (UK) »
(*)

Updated chart.
Please feel free to send any additionl info.

If you can't read this chart then try this direct link (if I've got it right)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee209/38fergie/Roots%20Chat/StevensonChartFromWilliamMary.jpg

Don't think the link is going to do much good but I can send it via email as a jpeg image.

Cheers.

(*) chart removed as it was stretching the screen and may have contained details of living people
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 February 11 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Couldn't resist havin another quick look at this before I go to work. Sorry but I should have said my grannie Elizabeth Laird Montgomery (nee Stevenson) died 10/02/1999. Rab (nickname Sanny) & Lizzie had 4 children - Elizabeth, Sander (my dad), William & Jessie. All except my dad are now dead.

Liz

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 February 11 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Hazel.

William was born at Craigford, not Bannockburn and Mary Forsyth's mother's maiden name was Strang.

This is from my paper files.
Hope it helps.

Cheers.
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 18 February 11 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
 as you know I just started looking into my family tree recently after a break of about 10 years doing it and you guys have given me lots more info (altho I'd like to look more into all my family roots - montgomery being my maiden name & my mum is a Campell fae B/burn my gran & granda had the newsagents so any help there would be greatly appreciated) . It's my mum & dads golden wedding this year (March 25th) and I'd luv to give them a record of their family tree. I've written out in the form of the fam tree all the info i haxe so far -from their g grandbairns right back to their g grandparents and further but the most Ive got is with the stevenson line which is great but i'd luv more info on the Montgomery, Campbell & maybe Don (Tillicoultry) line. My parents always used to say they were far far off relations and I think thats where maybe Janet Cambell comes in withthe Stevenson line 
Thanks agen for any info
Best wishes
   Liz

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 25 February 11 00:10 GMT (UK) »
I was at the Stirling Archives Dept. yesterday and came across this item that I thought should be posted here.

1944..Private James Duffin Stevenson A & S H, 43 Goosecroft Road, Stirling, has been wounded inaction in Italy. 25 years of age, private Stevenson had been in Italy for two years and eight months. He has been in the army for almost five years. In civilian life he was employed as a surface worker at Plean Colliery.  He is a son of Mr and Mrs William Stevenson, 36 Berryhill, Cowie. His brother , Private Joseph Stevenson, Durham Light Infantry, has been a prisoner in Germany for over two years. Another brother, David, is an aircraftman in the RAF.

Cheers.

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 09:37 GMT (UK) »

Just thought In would post this photo here.
I took it a few years ago and it shows 'The Sink'. Home of William and mary Stevenson.

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Robert but I dont think that is 'the sink'. I think it may be the right area but thats watson or robert bells farm.  I have a very very vague memry o my grannie showin me where sh was born & it was like a ruin - a few old huge stones overgrown wi moss etc. It was defoin that area - I think if u were to turn left of the 'new' road comin into Cowie (where that farm is) and the sink was on the right like it was in a ditch by the side of the dirt track road???? Thing is I've got this strong memry/picture in my head that my grannie showed me this (altho it is vague cos I cant think bout how we got there??) but she took a bad stroke (or cerebral heamorrage) the day b4 my christenin which left her unable 2 wakl long (or any) distances. I've got other memries in ma heid o her goan up Hill Terrace tae but I canny explain them - I spoke 2 my mum who confirmed my grannie    couldny walk very far after her stroke so God knows where Iv got these memries fae??? I canny get ma scanner 2 work - I  remember u sayin ud b happy 2 scan/print/enhance etc the stuff Iv got (no much) so that b great if u could. Where u stay tho?

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 00:51 GMT (UK) »
I will try and check out what you say.
The sign at the road end said 'The Sink'
In days long gone, there was probably a small collection of homes there.

I'm in Stirling.

Cheers.

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert, I spoke to my mum who kinda confirmed what I was sayin - she was told it was there but she said it was at the opposite side where I think it was so itf thats right then it is the area where your pic is taken. I suppose 'The Sink' maybe couldve run rite along that area - along by the railway line???
Im in Cowie
 Thanks
 Liz