Author Topic: Stevenson's from Bannockburn  (Read 74255 times)

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stevenson's from Bannockburn
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 15:05 GMT (UK) »
You dinny by any chance know my dad do you? He's same age as you = Sander Montgomery???
 Liz

Offline HazelDavidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 06 March 11 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

I'm trying to place my sister's mum her name is (*) she married my dad (*). I'm trying to place her into the Stevenson family tree but don't know where she goes??

Do you know any of there army numbers or any other info on their army life have been searching some of the army rolls records but can't find anything for certain.

Hazel

(*) personal details removed in accordance with Rootschat policy

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 07 March 11 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel
I know (*). Her dad James (Jimmy) Stevenson  was a cousin to my grannie.  Jimmy died 2 or 3 years ago. Jimmy's parents were David (Davie) & Annie. Are you on facebook? I'm on it and I'm friends with (*) - would you want to contact her yourself through that?
I spoke to your auntie (*) a couple of weeks ago - I also knew your dad and all the rest of the family when I was growing up but we've all kinda lost touch over the years.
Hope this helps
Liz x

(*) personal details removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please exchange such information by PM (personal message)

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 07 March 11 18:15 GMT (UK) »
hi hazel
 spoken 2 frances she been tellin me her grandad was david stevenson and hergran was jessie hynd from somwhere in the hillfoots. frances' dad jimmy & ur grandad (wullie) r full cousins

Offline Fergie38

• RootsChat Veteran
  • There's only one eF in Ferguson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 07 March 11 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Liz.
Could you by any chance, obtain photos of David Stevenson and Jessie Hynds for inclusion in my charts.

Cheers.
Ferguson (Stirling & Parish of Kincardine) Stevenson (Bannockburn) Cowan (Stirling) McLean (Glasgow,  Dundee & Skye)

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 07 March 11 21:20 GMT (UK) »
i can try - i'll ask frances if she's got any
 best wishes
liz

Offline HazelDavidson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 07 March 11 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi liz

Thank you i can fill in where she fits in now. I'm amazed to hear that you know my family have you got any pictures of you and them?

Hazel

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel I'm tryin to locate pics of the family - as you prob know I want to do this for my mum & dads 50th weddin. I started years ago but everytime I picked it up someone died (thats happened again this time too - its gettin spooky!!) The thing that really made me want to do it again - you're gonna hate me for this but I came in from work 1 day to find my pup had gotten a hold of the pics I'd managed to get & chewed them to bits' I was sickened - there must have been bout 10 old pics' Sorry
Liz x

Offline Liz C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 12 March 11 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert & Hazel (& any1 else out there who may be interested)
Ive been havin rake at my mum & dads house & (sorry 2 tease u here) I came across a newspaper artice (what I've got is a very old photo-copy I think)which tells of the 50th anniversary of William Stevenson & Mary Forsyth. The story tells of how theyve lived at the sink most -if not all- of their married life.   My new laptop doesnt seem to want to recognise my scanner. Ive downloaded the programme but I need 1 of my bairns to install it cos Im totally useless with computers. I will get this scanned & copied onto the site asap

Robert
you seem to have loads of pics of the family? Can I ask a huge huge favour please - can u post the pics of the people in my line seperately? What I want to do is get as many pics as poss - even if they're prints/copies of the computer - so I can place them on the illustration Im makin for my mum & dad 4 their 50th on the 25th march. I would really appreciate it if you could - might need to pm me them???  Thanks
Liz x
Hazel
Dunno why its taken me so long but Ive jist worked out where we're connected (you've prob worked it out already!? My dad Alexander W Montgomery was full cousins with your gran Annie Davidson. My dads mum Elizabeth Laird Stevenson (ma grannie) was sister to your g grandad (William Stevenson) Why has it taken me so long to figure that yin oot???!!! xxx