Author Topic: Crew List "Waikato" Plymouth - NZ 1877 *COMPLETED*  (Read 20503 times)

Offline fifer1947

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crew List "Waikato" Plymouth - NZ 1877 *COMPLETED*
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 09 April 15 21:12 BST (UK) »
Great to have the puzzle finally solved  ;D
Ireland, Co Antrim: Kerr; Hollinger; Forsythe; Moore
Ireland, Co Louth: Carson; Leslie
Ireland, Co Kerry: Ferris
Scotland, Perthshire/Glasgow:  Stewart
England, Devon/Cornwall: Ferris, Gasser/Jasser/Jesser, Norman

Offline Darian Zam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crew List "Waikato" Plymouth - NZ 1877
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 09 April 17 04:57 BST (UK) »
This Alexander Gollan is in my tree. He is quoted as marrying Beatrice Jessie Maud Hill in 1891. There is a marriage in govt records for this union. However a daughter of Beatrice named Agnes Annie was registered as surname Gollan, father not registered, which is curious. However that is how I am connected to the tree, as Annie married into my Young family of the Westport, New Zealand area. Alexander and Beatrice do not appear to have had any more children. So I guess that's your answer, they are the same Alexander Gollan.

With the help of you Rootschat people I have now verified all the data I had previously, given verbally by a Gollan descendant.  I also have thanks to you all a lot of good provenance for the records.

4.  Was it the same Alexander Gollan (father William mother Euphemia (Gunn) Gollan) who married Beatrice Jessie Maud Hill in 1891?

Offline jacinda

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Crew List "Waikato" Plymouth - NZ 1877 *COMPLETED*
« Reply #83 on: Monday 18 February 19 20:34 GMT (UK) »
hi there
i have just started delving into my family history. I am the great grand daughter of Walter john thomas Vallance. I am looking to find more information about my great great grand father Walter Raynard Vallance, your above information is extremely useful thankyou!