Author Topic: Maysmarycurch Shropshire  (Read 1809 times)

Offline griffo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Maysmarycurch Shropshire
« on: Sunday 03 April 05 14:48 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandma was born in 1858 in this Place,have not been able to determine where it is as anybody any Ideas as Iwould be Very Grateful,
        Cheers
           Griffo

Offline griffo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Maysmarycurch Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 05 20:05 BST (UK) »
sorry missed out the letter h
its Maysmarychurch
  Grffo

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Griffo

Can I ask you where you got this information from please?

There is obviously something wrong with the word (I hope I don't sound rude here).  It could be St Mary's Church  ??? There are quite a few in Shropshire.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline griffo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 April 05 21:32 BST (UK) »
hi Jan
  Igot the Name off the 1891 census, my Grt Grandparents were living in Litchurch Derbyshire, and thats where my Grt Grandmother gave as her Birthplace, its actually Maysmary church Shropshire,so Ihave only this to go on,thanks for the info anyway.I see that you list a Griffiths in your Family List,mine was a Warren James Griffiths Born Newcastle Staffs
 his Father was Isaac James Griffiths, Born I know not where
  Cheers
  Griffo

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 April 05 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Griffo

Do you still have access to the 1891 image?  If so, would you mind posting a copy of it (just the part with this mystery word) so I can have a look at it please?

Or, if you prefer you could always email me I copy.  Let me know if you would rather do that because I will have to give you my email address by Private Message.

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline griffo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan
it was actually sent to a request in the Lancashire part of lookup as Iwas always under the Impression that my gt grandad had died at West Derby which is an area of Liverpool but this lady had sent me the section of the 1891 in Litchurch Derbyshire. it gave place of birth as Newcastle staffs but in the 1881 Census it gives that she was born in Maysmarychurch Shropshire in 1858 Hence the Query as to where it was
   Cheers
   Griffo

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 22:22 BST (UK) »
Griffo,

Can you give your G Grandmother's name and any other details please.  I'm going to look her up myself and see what I can see for the "mystery" word.

Jan :D

Offline griffo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 April 05 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan
  my Gt Grandma was named Sarah Ann Griffiths, I`m afraid I dont know her Maiden Name but one another site on Ancestry I found that they married in 1878 but it only gave the husbands name Warren James Griffiths. in 1881 they were living at 70 Graham street Litchurch Derbyshire by 1891 they were living at Shaftsbury Street Litchurch, and then I`ve lost them, hope this helps and once again thanks,
   Cheers Griffo

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 April 05 21:55 BST (UK) »
A friend of mine, another Rootschat member, has found something out for you!!!!!!!

We are still trying to find out Sarah's place of birth!!

Jan :)