Author Topic: 1881 Census Look-up for John and Anne Tyacke  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Edna49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1881 Census Look-up for John and Anne Tyacke
« on: Sunday 03 April 05 17:19 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with a census look-up for John and Anne Tyacke Plz.  Only know of one son up to yet, would like to know if there are anymore.  His name was Edwin Charles Tyacke, born 1865. All originally from Cornwall. Been told of a move to Scotland possibly Edinburgh.  Can only find Anne (Annie) and Edwin on the Nottingham, 1901 census. Anne listed as widowed.  So wondering if around 1881 census is the time that they moved to Scotland.  Also John's occupation was Engine Driver, if this helps. Thanks!

Offline Anni B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1881 Census Look-up for John and Anne Tyacke
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 April 05 22:12 BST (UK) »
1881 Census has:

John Tyacke (Head) born c1828 England; Annie Tyacke (Wife) born c1828 England and Edwin C Tyacke (Son) born c1866 England all living in Edinburgh.

I'm afraid that's all I can tell you. I'm having trouble with my 1881 census disks since I got a new PC and can only access the Index. Hopefully someone else with the 1881 disks can get more detail for you. If not, get back to me - I'll need to get this problem with the programme sorted out.

Hope this is some help.

Anne

Offline Anni B

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 April 05 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hope you check back for any replies, Edna.......... but if you don't I'm glad I had a look at your query, I've been meaning to sort out what was wrong with my 1881 census programme for ages so you got me focused........

John, Annie and Edwin C Tyacke were living at 42 Third Avenue, Inveresk, Edinburgh, Scotland in 1881. John was described as a "Coal Pit Engine Driver" and Edwin as a "Potter".

Inveresk parish is to the east of Edinburgh, main town Musselburgh. Judging by the address "42 Third Avenue" and the Coal pit occupation I would think that the Tyackes were living in one of the mining villages to the south or south west of Musselburgh. Not sure if it's still there, but there was a mining museum at Newtongrange which could be useful for useful for info on the old villages and the coal mines.

Anne

Offline Edna49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 April 05 16:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks a lot, that looks like its them!!