Author Topic: George "Digger" Stanley- Boxer (Romany Gypsy Family)  (Read 31973 times)

Offline aug

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George "Digger" Stanley- Boxer (Romany Gypsy Family)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 November 10 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

ok thanks good luck

jew
:)

Offline s4s4ever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 April 11 17:50 BST (UK) »

hi there babes digger stanley is my great great grandad i think or great great great grandad he's defo one of them my nan is lillyana stanley is anyone on facebook x

Offline s4s4ever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 April 11 22:29 BST (UK) »
hi all my gran is lillana stanley im trying to fined all my family.. george digger stanley was my great great great grandad so if you think you maybe my family please let me know ..its so funny caus i live in nobury not far from croydon and mitcham in surrey i was real shocked 2 fined out that a lot of the family wear from around this way so please get in contact as i would love to meet you :)

Offline THEBOXER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 April 11 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, I haven't come accross a Lilliana as one of my Grandfather's sisters. Are you able to find out anyone elses name within your family that were born say between 1870 and 1917 as thats when his children were born or whether Lilliana was a wife of a brother.  I was contacted a short time back and have been in contact with my Grandfather's eldest son (also a George) via his great grandson's new wife.  I have gone back as far as about 1800 in the family.  My family tree is on Ancestry.com.  If you want to speak to me then please let me have your email or phone number.

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 April 11 10:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

Please could you use the personal messaging system for sending any information such as email addresses or phone numbers.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Regards

Valda
co-moderator London and Middlesex
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline THEBOXER

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 April 11 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda, can you please let me know how I go about finding the personal messaging system as I have no idea. Regards

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 April 11 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

The instructions are in the link I gave.

By clicking on the members's name:

Members' names, anywhere on the forum boards, are nearly always linked to their profiles.
At the bottom of the profile, you will see a link: Send this RootsChatter a personal message.
Click on the link, and write your PM.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline s4s4ever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 01 May 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
hi there boxer it could be another great added on to the great great great granfather one of my  family member's who's my second cousin is diggers double my gran has a lot of brothers and sisters i know theres an Albert Clifford Linda carol billy Tommy and theres more but I'm not quite sure who they are i know there is a lot of them maybe 9   i think they called my nans mum nanny pops I'm not sure what her name was but i will fined out i dint know how to send this on privet ca us i would love to talk to you so if you know how please let me know have a lovely day ;D

Offline sassi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 10 February 12 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Digger was my Great, Great Uncle.  I am looking for any info also, confused on the wifes name there seems to be another woman mentioned in the chat site other than Cinderella, but my family states there was a Cinderella...   I don't have a lot of info but my sister does as she is very active in the investigation.  I beleive that Digger was my grandfathers uncle and my grandfather was Jim (james horatio stanley) married to Sophia Rosetta (nee saunders). Born at the turn of the century 1890-1899.  Im am very new to this site could you tell me how to research a little better?  Thank you I will post anything I can.