Author Topic: HALL family - Cleobury North/Neenton area  (Read 1120 times)

Offline philjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HALL family - Cleobury North/Neenton area
« on: Monday 04 April 05 13:22 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the HALL family who were farmers in the Cleobury North/Burwarton areas and were also at HALL FARM, Neenton.

In particular, I am looking for a baptism for JOHN HALL, c. 1799-1801.   He Married Elizabeth HALL in Cleobury North, 27 july 1826 by licence (presumably a cousin).  I don't know who his parents were.
Any other info relating to the Halls in the area would be useful.

many thanks,

Jeremy

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
Re: HALL family - Cleobury North/Neenton area
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 April 05 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeremy,

You may have this.

I have found a Christening of John Hall on 29 December 1836 Cleobury North, Shropshire. Parents John and Elizabeth.

There are other children's Christenings of these parents  if you do not already have them. Also some for Samuel and Sarah. All in Cleobury North. As you will know there are more in Burwarton.

Kind Regards,

Frances :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline philjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HALL family - Cleobury North/Neenton area
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 13:10 BST (UK) »
Frances,

Thanks for that.

I do have the 1836 christening for John hall jnr, and the marriage of his parents, John Hall and ELizabeth Hall.    There was also a later baptism of a younger son, Edward Hall,  in the adjoining parish of Neenton, for whom I was able to also get a birth certificate.

I have the details of Elizabeth Hall's baptism and her parents.

What I can't find is any information relating to the chrsitening of John Hall snr.  from various cenus entries, it says he was born in Aston Botterell, and forn the age is should be c. 1800-1801.  However, I have looked at the Aston Botterell, Cleobury North, Burwarton and Neenton Registers and can't see any likely entries.

I suspect that John Hall and Elizabeth Hall are cousins, so need to find his father to see how he fits in.

The marriage licence for John & elizabeth wasn't much help in this respect, other than confirming his current age.

Jeremy