Author Topic: Thomas John WIlliams  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Dyffryn Aur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas John WIlliams
« on: Monday 23 August 10 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thomas John Williams was born in 1891 in Teilia Bach Ffestiniog. He married Grace Owens in 1911 in Porthmadoc and lived in Llan Ffestiniog. In 1922 Grace described herself as a widow and remarried in Llangollen. When and where did Thomas John Williams die?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas John WIlliams
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 August 10 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome  :)

My first thought was that he might have been a WW1 casualty but so far I've not found any records for him or anything on the Commonwealth War Graves Commision site that's obvious.

You could trythe site as there are many pages of Williams, T

http://www.cwgc.org

I assume that you've checked the GRO indexes - I've had a look but so far can't see anything but will keep looking. Thomas J Williams isn't an easy one to search for  :-\

Did they have any children and, if so, when was the last one born?

Regards

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Dyffryn Aur

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas John WIlliams
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 13:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replies. I have looked on the War Memorial in Llan Ffestiniog and his name is not there. He had a child from his wife Grace, William Owen Williams (my father) in 1911. I have been referred to many deaths with the same name, but the informant on the certificate was 'his father'. This cannot be, as he predeceased him in 1897. He was Nehemiah Williams who died in a slate quarry fall.