Author Topic: Isabella MacLeod - Stornoway & Urquharts - Dingwall  (Read 2300 times)

Offline lainem1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isabella MacLeod - Stornoway & Urquharts - Dingwall
« on: Thursday 26 August 10 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with this one.

Isabella MacLeod nee Murray born 05/09/1891, she was Married to John MacLeod on 26th April 1921 in Dingwall and proceeded to have three children Norman, Kenneth and Alexander. She worked as a fishworker and was the daughter of Kenneth and Anne (Annie) Murray (ms: McLeod), she had three sisters, Annie (4yrs Older), Mary (2yrs Older) and Catherine (3yrs Younger), she also had two younger brothers Kenneth (4yrs Younger) and Donald (7yrs Younger).  Isabella died on 27th February 1927 of Acute ?Camfour? Pneumonia.

I know this is a lot of information but what I am trying to find out is in regards to her marriage - Isabella is my g grandmother, her son Norman was my grandfather and as you can see she died when he was very young.  Isabella and John married in Dingwall, according to their Marriage Cert, at Urquharts Restaurant, and one witness was a Nellie Urquhart.  She would have been pregnant 'only just' with my grandfather at the time of her marriage.  I cannot find any connection, other than this, of my family to Dingwall.  I have no Urquharts in my tree, or at least haven't come across any and just cant quite figure out the connection.  Does anyone have any ideas.  Another question and a major long shot but would photographs have been taken? Would anyone have any old photo's from their family restaurant?

Any info would be much appreciated and sorry for the info download.

Lorraine  :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.