Author Topic: Look up request please. Local Directory, Llandovery 1850 - 1861.  (Read 1867 times)

Offline JohnCH

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up request please. Local Directory, Llandovery 1850 - 1861.
« on: Thursday 26 August 10 15:19 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access with reference to a local Directory for Llandovery - 1850 - 1861 period, who can perhaps help me, please?
I am trying to discover information from any source about a Flour Merchant's Business in King's Road, Llandovery [Llandingat] possibly owned by a Handley in the period around 1856 - 1861. I believe, but cannot authenticate, that it was close to 'White Hall' and an Inn called 'The Lamb' in the same King's Road. I should be glad of some kind person's local knowledge to assist me and wonder if perhaps by good fortune a photograph of the time exists showing the premises. Thank you for your interest. 
Regards.      JohnCH.  :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Flour Merchant/Bakery Llandovery, 1861.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 August 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
The 1861 census shows Joseph Handley b Eardisland Hereford  flour merchant living at Kings Rd Llandingat
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline JohnCH

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Flour Merchant/Bakery Llandovery, 1861.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 August 10 15:34 BST (UK) »
Yes. Thank you Carole. Joseph [my great grandfather] was a cousin of the owner and he worked there until, I believe, the owner's death around 1862.   JohnCH. :)