Author Topic: William Flack  (Read 9224 times)

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: William Flack
« Reply #27 on: Monday 30 August 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
Can we assume William Flack and Ann Dye knew each other before going to Cambridgeshire and marrying in 1829?  Perhaps the places in Suffolk in which they were born are not close at all!  I am thinking William was on his own when he went to Cambridgeshire, but Ann may have been with her parents.  The young couple may have met there.

We can't assume anything I am afraid, anything is possible.
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gumboots

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 00:22 BST (UK) »
Pat,
I checked the Morman records for Wenhaston (and Melles) - to see if there was a Dye family there with similar Christian names etc. - but so far their records only go to 1752.  However, will keep checking every now and then to see if a film with later dates comes up.  Just like to be sure Mellis is my best fit.
Thanks to everyone for your interest in my searches.

Offline gumboots

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,
Received the personal message from you, but not sure how or if I can reply to it.  Anyway, thanks again for your continued interest.  You would be aware that I live in Australia, so some of the UK research is not easy for me to do myself.  I am most grateful for any help you can give.  I am a descendant of Rosena Flack, who was born in Oakington to William and Ann Flack in 1846.  The Shire Hall told me she was registered as Rosella but I have found her also as Rosetta  (mind you, handwriting could easily confuse Rosella and Rosetta) - and sometimes she has been referred to as Rose.  I call her Rosena, as that is what she called herself in her adult years.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: William Flack / Melles Suffolk
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 16:22 BST (UK) »