Author Topic: Elizabeth Bagshaw  (Read 9324 times)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Bagshaw
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 March 13 15:23 GMT (UK) »
I have a Mary Bagshaw who was born c1799 in Whitford. She married my relative, Edward Nanney, in Eccles, Lancashire in 1823 and died in Tranmere in 1855. Their children, Margaret, Elinor, Mary and Edward, were all born in Manchester.

Do you know who her parents might have been?

Regards,
David

Offline lindynz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 March 13 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello JONSUE, thank you for your reply. I would be very keen to see more information about the Bagshaws, because they have mostly been a dead end for me. I would send you a personal message with contact details, but my understanding is that new members can't send or receive messages until they have posted 3 times. It's been a while since I was last on this forum, so I'm not sure if there is another secure way to get in contact. If you would be willing to share further information on here in the meantime I would be very grateful.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Baptism 2nd July 1821 Whitford

Elizabeth daughter of William and Elizabeth Bagshaw - Miner of Mwdwl Eithin

Thomas 4 May 1823 - same parents but William a Farmer of Holwell, Holywell

Catherine 14 May 1825 - same parents but William a Farmer of Mwdwl Eithin

See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwdwl-eithin This is a long way from Whitford, so perhaps see http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=360235.0

David

P.S. Go to http://www.old-maps.co.uk/maps.html and search on Mwdwl-Eithin It shows Mwdwl-Eithin Farm. The farm is named on the 1965 and 1978 1:2500 maps

You can also see the house name on Google Maps - see image

Offline JONSUE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 14:28 GMT (UK) »
To David
I cannot find a Mary Bagshaw from Whitford who was born c 1799. In the 20 years either side I have about 10 Marys (as born or by marriage) but all are accounted for in  that thay have a husband or have died by 1823. By the way the grooms name on the marriage register is Nanna and he has signed it as such.  see "Manchester, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930 Record" available on Ancestry.  I shall search on !!  :)

Offline JONSUE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 14:31 GMT (UK) »
To Lindy
  This is now my third post so we may be able to progress with personal comms. In the meanwhile if I can help with specific queries please ask.  :)

John

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Edward's surname was often pronounced or written as Nanna or Nannah.

I suspect that Mary's birth date may be wrong. I can't find her in 1841 but 1851 gives 1798 in Whitford and her death certificate 1799. There is a birth in 1793 in Halkyn but difficult to know if it was her or if she had knocked a few years off her age when she married.

David

Offline JONSUE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 March 13 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi David
There is a 62 year old Mary Bagshaw buried in Bagillt in 1855 (30 Jan) who I took to be the one born in Halkyn in 1793.  It is all very uncertain. Too Many Marys  :(
John