Author Topic: hellllllllllllllllllllllp please big brickwall  (Read 6013 times)

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hellllllllllllllllllllllp please big brickwall
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 14 June 18 21:21 BST (UK) »
yes I have done that osprey but there is nothing that stands out as being her, with either the jones or davies surname

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 15 June 18 01:48 BST (UK) »
I have annie ellens daughters marriage certificates 1921 jones/keeley and daughter number 2 mary louisa jones/Sydney Herbert hill and still showing as living in union street

Neither of them married in 1921.

Marriages Jun 1918  

JONES, Annie E    (KEELEY) 
KEELEY, William    (JONES )
Chorlton    8c   1227

Marriages Jun 1922 

HILL,    Sidney H    (JONES)       
JONES, Mary I [L?]  (HILL)
Chorlton    8c   1618   

This looks like the two girls with their parents and grandparents in 1901:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X924-MYL

Can I assume that you knew these women and your family are aware that their mother Annie went on to give birth to Harry DAVIES in 1922 when she was aged 42.  Is that correct?  Did she have any other children between the two girls and Harry or any more children after Harry?

Is it also correct that nobody knows who Harry's father was?  His marriage certificate (1952) states his father as Harry, but you have a birth certificate (1922) which says his father is Thomas.

If Annie had a child when the two girls were married adults then surely they knew who she was living with at time?  Are you in contact with their descendants?

How did you come to have that 1922 birth certificate for Harry?  Was it in his possession or does your family have something else that told you where and when Harry was born?

As has already been said, you need to find the time to dig out the documentation that you have.  With surnames like JONES and DAVIES you/we have to have exact addresses and dates of birth to be able to consult electoral rolls, 1939 register etc. otherwise it is just looking for a needle in a haystack.

Debra  :)

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 15 June 18 13:46 BST (UK) »
I have annie ellens daughters marriage certificates 1921 jones/keeley and daughter number 2 mary louisa jones/Sydney Herbert hill and still showing as living in union street

Neither of them married in 1921.

Marriages Jun 1918  

JONES, Annie E    (KEELEY) 
KEELEY, William    (JONES )
Chorlton    8c   1227

Marriages Jun 1922 

HILL,    Sidney H    (JONES)       
JONES, Mary I [L?]  (HILL)
Chorlton    8c   1618   

This looks like the two girls with their parents and grandparents in 1901:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X924-MYL

Can I assume that you knew these women and your family are aware that their mother Annie went on to give birth to Harry DAVIES in 1922 when she was aged 42.  Is that correct?  Did she have any other children between the two girls and Harry or any more children after Harry?   -  (yes that's correct, no she didn't have any other kids it was just the 2 girls and then harry.

Is it also correct that nobody knows who Harry's father was?  His marriage certificate (1952) states his father as Harry, but you have a birth certificate (1922) which says his father is Thomas.  - correct

If Annie had a child when the two girls were married adults then surely they knew who she was living with at time?  Are you in contact with their descendants?   - see comment below

How did you come to have that 1922 birth certificate for Harry?  Was it in his possession or does your family have something else that told you where and when Harry was born?  - I ordered it from the gro after tracking down annie from her grave info

As has already been said, you need to find the time to dig out the documentation that you have.  With surnames like JONES and DAVIES you/we have to have exact addresses and dates of birth to be able to consult electoral rolls, 1939 register etc. otherwise it is just looking for a needle in a haystack.

Debra  :)

yes that is the 2 girls. they cant be found on the 1911 there is a possible entry for mary but not 100% sure, and yes I fully understand with these surnames its going to be hard going,

anyway to answer your questions, no we didn't know these girls, my davies lot hardly mixed even with their step family nevermind aunts and uncles and grand parents and with regard to the wrong dates for the girls marriages, as I said previously last night I was working from memory hence the 1921 ish  the address info tho is the one thing that has remained the same throughout all the years of annie living in union street