Author Topic: William Hay Hutton Dumfrieshire  (Read 5896 times)

Offline annron

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Hay Hutton Dumfrieshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 September 10 13:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona G,  just to let you know i received the death cert for William hay today and even though his parents didn't show on SP they are on the actual D. Cert.  It was a ureka moment.  They are David Hay and Janet Mundell.  Thanks again for your help really appreciated.
Chris

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 September 10 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Annron
You have obviously found William Hay's parents.  In response to your other queries though.  William, his wife and two sons, a daughter and a grandaughter are buried in the graveyard adjacent to the Eskdalemuir church.  The DFGHS's booklet contains the full transcription.  Places like Birkenhead, New Zealand and Birkenhead are mentioned.  His parents are not there but I would suspect they will be at Hutton or Corrie.

You will heve seen from the Census Returns that William Hay and family were at Hard Manor (Eskdalemuir) in 1851 - now (with modifications :) :)) - the Hart Manor Hotel.  Contact with Glasgow University may provide more info about his medical career.

Regards
Reiver

Offline annron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 September 10 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Reiver
Thanks so much for the info, I have received the info from DFGHS regarding the grave for William Hay and family.  I am somewhat confused as to which MI booklets to purchase, so I have wrote to DFGHS to ask them for advise and also to look up some queries I have for William's wife Margaret Wightman.

I will contact Glasgow Uni regarding his medical career. 

I did see the hotel and wondered if it was the same place might send them an email regarding its history.  Thanks again for your help

Offline DSLeaJones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:55 GMT (UK) »
I appreciate your last post on this site was some time ago, but if you are still interested I have a transcription of a letter sent by my husband's ggg grandmother to her son in Bermuda which gives a description of the death of William Hay's wife, who was her niece.  My e-mail is (*)

Best wishes.

Diane.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.