Author Topic: Walters help?  (Read 12245 times)

Offline Cynfelin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walters help?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 September 10 18:16 BST (UK) »
I would be interested in finding out what information you hold on David Waters and the time span.

Where was your David Walters born and who were his parents etc..

Hope you are willing to share information

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 September 10 21:30 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a personal message with all the info :)

Offline Buggles321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
David Walters
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I found this forum with your posting regarding David Walters and all his children. We have just completed our family tree and found that David Walters born in 1858 Carmarthenshire is my great great grandfather. He was a coal miner and he was married to Cecilia Walters born in 1859. They had 10 children:

-David J Walters
-Elizabeth A
-Sarah
-Ellener
-Evan
-Rachel
-Rose-
-Ezra
-Elsie
-Cecilia, who was my great grandmother and who I just about remember.

I understand that you are a descendant of Evan and we therefore must be related. Do you have any photographs of Cecilia, David or Evan? I have found David on the 1891 census living at 10 Pritchard Row in Pontypridd, Wales.

Regards,

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 October 10 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Oh right were related :) David would be my great great grandfather too..

Yeah all checks out with my info although I believed Cecilia (Mother) was born in 1861. His parents would have been Evan Walters and Selina Lloyd. Have you gone that far back?

Evan would be my great grandfather. Unfortunatly i don't have photos of anyone :( wish i did though. Evan had died even before my mother was born so the family history after my grandfather is from research.

You don't have any photos either i'm guessing then?

Lyndsey :)

Offline Buggles321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 October 10 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Lyndsey,

That's great news. So do you still live in Wales. Cecilia, Evan Junior's sister came from Gilfach Goch and moved to Kent in 1918.
.On the family tree we have so far, we couldn't find David senior's parents. So you're saying that David who
married Cecilia, his parents are called Evan Walters and Selina Lloyd?

On our family tree Davids wife cecilia was born a Walters too. Her mum was also called Cecilia (Williams) and her dad was John Walters and they had 4 children. Do you know if John and David were related? We believe that John and David were cousins.

It also works out that we're third cousins.

Thanks again,

Julie  :)

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 10 October 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,

Yeah I live in Wales. I actually live in Gilfach Goch :) Ooh right, Kent is a bit far to move isn't it?

Yeah David seniors parents are Evan Walters and Selina Lloyd. I have even traced Selina's parents as well. Their names I believe are David Lloyd and Eleanor (unsure as to maiden name).

I hadn't found out too much about Cecilia senior, but found the name Davies..

Marriages Dec 1882
DAVIES    Cecilia            Bridgend    11a   860    
Walters    David        Bridgend    11a   860

I have searched for Walters but drew a blank for marriages between a David Walters and Cecilia Walters.
Have you found a record of it then?

Or do you think that its possible she was born Walters and then married Davies then re-married to Walters? It's unlikely cos of her age thought....

First thing I've heard about Cecilia's mother but i know that David had a brother John who he came to Gilfach Goch with. I haven't found out anything else to do with Evan (Davids father) unfortunatly.

But that's interesting if its true..

Third cousins, nice to know :)

Thanks for replying and for the extra info

Lyndsey 

Offline Buggles321

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 October 10 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindsey,

We have Cecilia Walters (married to David) as being a Walters by birth.We traced backwards and all the dates and addresses match.
              My great grandmother,Cecilia (Evan's sister) lived at 221 High Street,Gilfach Goch when she was married and her mum and dad lived at 227 High Street. They moved from 10 Pritchard Row to High Street where they had the last 5 children; Evan,Rachel,Rose,Ezra and Elsie. Rachel was psychic,apparently, and Rose moved to Devon. My mum remembers the youngest,her aunt Elsie.
              My great grandmother married a miner from Somerset and because there was no work,moved to Kent.
               Do you know of any other family members still living in Gilfach, ie those of any of the 10 Walters children ?
                I am really pleased to have found a relative of mine that I didn't know about as until I started to do our family tree,I didn't think I had any relatives left in Wales.     

Hope to hear from you. Julie.

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 October 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,

Oh right, so she was a Walters then..

Thank you for all the info, this is the first time I've heard of most of it. Especially Rachel being a psychic!

That's odd, i actually live in High Street!

Yeah i know that David J Walters (son) must have stayed as my grandfather had cousins and as I have recently found out they come from his line. My mother is also friends with David J's grandson.

I too am glad to know i have family out there that i didn't know about.

I also have good news! I have recently come across some photo's on ancestry from someone's profile with the same family as us.
There are photo's of David (senior), Cecilia (senior), Ellenor, Evan, Rachel, Rose, Ezra and there are a 2 of Elsie.
Im guessing the person who's posted these pictures comes from Elsie's family line.

If you would like me to send them you could direct message me your email address!

Lyndsey :)

Offline ldavies

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 17 October 10 19:17 BST (UK) »
Julie, these are the photos...

David, possibly cecilia and Elsie...

then Ellenor..